Working on a Copper Tube Bottom Feeder, VV with 3 x 18650 Batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
I'm just a little nuts and was wondering how to wire a basic setup with Three 18650 batteries.

First objective is to just make a simple Three 18650 Battery without the Bottom Feeding and Variable Voltage. Besides I have a couple of other projects brewing in my mind at the moment.

But I'm thinking of doing a 100% Mechanical Copper Tube mod 3 X 18650. Instead of Physically Stacking the batteries I'm going to build a simple Two Copper Tube System where one Tube Holds two of the 18650's in their own Battery Compartment. So one Tube holds the third Battery at the bottom of the Tube and the Upper Bits hold the Connector and all the other goodies that make the Mod work. But this first Copper Mod I want to be 100% Mechanical so it will be Solid as A Rock - if you drop it, crush it, throw it et al. there shouldn't be an issue with just picking it back up and puffing away.

I showed some of the wooden box mods to a friend of mine who is a wood worker and carpenter and he's all for making some wood mods. We'll see how they turn out; he just want's me to do the soldering and electrical work. Which isn't that hard at all if you just just a little bit of studying and watching videos on Youtube.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
That is my understanding of it, although the separate compartments and not physically stacking I didn't know. If the switch is on or towards one of the ends then that is where it will be held in the hand too and length + weight = leverage and it will feel even heavier. I would suggest making a mock up first with just copper tubes some caps and 3 batts, rubber banded together and tape maybe just to get a feel for it. Even at home or in the car, someone has to lift it to vape many many times. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread