Wizard Labs - DIY Mixing Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy2

Moved On
Oct 24, 2013
Not tried them, but the sure are pretty..

Mines made from a piece of 3/4" poly foam that something came packed in -or- can be had from Hobby Lobby for a dollar and some change.
Used a dime and a sharpie to mark the spots and cut them with an exacto knife. They hold 10ml snug.
Used a dollar coin (Susan B) to mark for 30ml.
Finished with a coat of satin black.
Total cost, a little of my time..

But now I've got a weekend project to play with when it gets too cold to do anything else.
Scrap oak from another project, drill press, bits, polyurethane and a little of my time...

Sundodger

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2013
All 57 States
I saw those last week and thought they were nice. They are oak and if it would fit into your scheme they are nice. What I did being tighter than a hawks .... in a power dive is I had some left over plastic porch/stair rails from putting up a new set of steps outside last summer. The vertical rails are 1 1/2" square, white and hollow. I've cut them into 2" lengths and drilled out a hole that fits my batteries. This makes a holder for on the table. I also drilled smaller holes on the opposite side that holds my tanks tight so when refilling they aren't rolling around. I also cut some of the vertical pieces longer to fit inside my project box to hold bottles, extra tanks, etc. Hey the stuff is scrap other wise. So if you see someone putting up some railing ask for the scraps. Oh you can also cut the square in half so it looks C shaped, that will bring the weight lower and hold heavier tanks better. Lots of uses for scrap. Good luck.

El Cheapo

Danoman

Moved On
Oct 11, 2013
Anniston, Al, USA
I'm happy with it... :) pic 1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread