Washington State Hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnkeys

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
SW Washington State
WA State introducing new bills, to ban flavored tobacco products regardless if they're lit or smokeless...

Discussion of WA State bills

While at the same time promoting legalization of .......... 'we let people drink, why not let them smoke, as long as we can tax it?'

I didn't want to draw focus from the tobacco ban discussion but I had to share the hyprocrisy before I choked on it. If you have input on the ban bills, please join. If you're a WA resident and want to help, please PM me with your interest. (Since forming new groups is currently disabled pending maintenance)

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I definately see where you're coming from. I personally support legalizing both. It's tricky to wade through the influence game. I do think at some point that the thrust for legalization of ,,,, will run head long into the smoking ban wall.

I wish we could somehow discuss the connection between the war on drugs and our situation in this forum because they are definately connected. Those who are trying to legislate healthy behavior are trying to tie tobacco to the war on drugs, and I think if they aren't stopped, that tobacco smokers will be treated just as ,,,, users are treated. vaping is seen as a "habit" that mimics the behavior they are trying to eliminate. For this reason, I think we are better off aligning ourselves with those who are trying to maintain smokers rights and end the war on drugs. They don't seem to want any sort of harm reduction thing to be brought into the picture while they fight what they think are the final battles to drive nicotine users into oblivion,,, but what do I know??

I would hate to see vaping supplies become the next oppertunity for criminal gangs to make money in the black market. Part of the story is that smokers are not standing up in any way. It's hard to align with people who sit at home and ..... about thier rights going away, but don't take it to the streets. As we're seeing in Wisconsin, even getting huge crowds together does not insure that those in power will listen anyway. I don't really have an answer, but you are asking a GREAT question!!

IMHO, harm reduction is simple common sence, so as soon as people can take down the ideologic crap, anyone with a reasonable mind would encourage vaping as a safer alternative. There are too many people who don't want people to enjoy life and live free. You would think there would be more support from anti smoking groups, but as we've seen from Bill's posts, they are tied to thier funding sources.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread