Volcano E-Cigs: Nice Alternative Supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
I decided to buy a couple of batteries for my blu from Volcano E-Cigs recently, because they use orange LEDs, and while I'm usually happy to answer questions from smokers wondering what I'm doing when they see the blue LED, sometimes it'd be nice to vape in peace.

I'm very happy with my purchase. Volcano did in fact ship in less than 24 hours, and my batteries arrived in 3 business days, First Class Mail from Hawaii. The addresses on the padded mailer were hand-written, so this is obviously a small outfit, but I have no complaints about the service.

The batteries themselves are pretty much what I expected: just like blu batteries but with a Volcano logo where the blu one usually is (and the Volcano one is less conspicuous, which is nice), and an orange LED instead of a blue one. The only other difference is that the battery is "ribbed" (see picture—it's clearer on the black ones in the image, but it's very visible on the actual white ones, too), which I'm not crazy about, because it lessens its effectiveness as a cigarette lookalike. Still, the texture is far less noticeable than a bright blue LED. :)

Batteries from Volcano are cheaper than blu's, at $8.99 each if you order them in pairs. I saved an additional 10% with a coupon code I Googled, and then shipping was only $1.73 for First Class Mail because I was in no hurry (though I got the goods in about the same time as I usually get Priority Mail anyway). All told, I spent only $17.91 on two batteries, over $2 less than blu's already-good prices.

I was impressed enough with Volcano's service and pricing that I placed another order, this time for two black batteries, six atomizers, and an extra USB charger. Total after discount was $51.22, and all orders over $50 ship Priority Mail for free. The equivalent equipment from blu would have cost $59.40, and blu is currently claiming a one-to-two-week ship time.

For those of you who use pre-filled carts, Volcano sells them by the five-pack for $3.99 (with discounts on most flavors for higher quantities), while blu only sells cartons of 25 for $25.00. Volcano also has a couple of flavors that blu doesn't carry: Pineapple Punch and Milk Chocolate.

Overall, thumbs up so far. If my second order goes as smoothly as my first, I'll be very pleased. :)

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Nice review!!! Thank you....Hopefully this doesn't get deleted.

I thought about that, but I'm pretty sure I read at some point that this subforum was only created for blu users to support themselves and each other, and is not a company-sponsored forum like the other supplier forums. And there have also been a zillion posts here from people telling blu users to buy entirely different e-cigs from other suppliers, whereas this thread was intended to inform continuing blu users of another source of supplies for their chosen e-cig.

But if it gets deleted, c'est la vie. :)

MarthaT

Moved On
Jul 23, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

tkiller

Sep 22, 2009
Kansas, USA
Hope you don't mind me adding on a little bit here in praise of the volcano store. I ordered a few batches of the carts here not too long ago, and noticed the flavors I did try (pineapple, chocolate, coffee, and vanilla) all seemed to have much nicer flavor from the first hit than the blu carts. (I wasn't too fond of the chocolate personally, it just didn't seem to have much taste to it other than just a very generic sweet flavor. Personal opinion only there though. It's not bad, just not my favorite.) I just placed an order today for the other three I haven't tried yet, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Another plus I noticed was that they seemed to last longer. I wasn't sure if it was just the way I was using them or what, but I took one apart today (that makes it sound so technical, all i did was take the cartridge out of the mouthpiece) and what do you know, the plastic cart inside was probably a good 2-3 mm deeper than the ones in the blu carts. Of course, one can't be sure that these carts are filled any more than Blu, but it sure makes RE-filling nicer. :D

Also ordered new atty's and one of the volcano batts today to see how they stack up, I'm glad to see someone is enjoying the battery at least. As for how the attys work, I'll just wait and find out, and post the results.

Last edited:

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Hope you don't mind me adding on a little bit here in praise of the volcano store. I ordered a few batches of the carts here not too long ago, and noticed the flavors I did try (pineapple, chocolate, coffee, and vanilla) all seemed to have much nicer flavor from the first hit than the blu carts. (I wasn't too fond of the chocolate personally, it just didn't seem to have much taste to it other than just a very generic sweet flavor. Personal opinion only there though. It's not bad, just not my favorite.) I just placed an order today for the other three I haven't tried yet, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Another plus I noticed was that they seemed to last longer. I wasn't sure if it was just the way I was using them or what, but I took one apart today (that makes it sound so technical, all i did was take the cartridge out of the mouthpiece) and what do you know, the plastic cart inside was probably a good 2-3 mm deeper than the ones in the blu carts. Of course, one can't be sure that these carts are filled any more than Blu, but it sure makes RE-filling nicer. :D

Also ordered new atty's and one of the volcano batts today to see how they stack up, I'm glad to see someone is enjoying the battery at least. As for how the attys work, I'll just wait and find out, and post the results.

The atomizers I got from them are exactly the same as blu's, as expected. After all, both companies are just branding and reselling JSB equipment.

As for the deeper cart, those are apparently the "new and improved" JSB carts for the L88b-- you get them from blu, too, though you may still get the old style carts in a few flavours that they still have old stock of.

I may have to order some Volcano carts just to empty them out and refill them. :) I've been using 306a carts, which are slightly larger inside than the original L88b carts, but I'd like to see for myself how the new ones compare.

Thanks for the info!

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Did the pcc for volcano get recalled as well or was that from a different supplier?

There's been no recall from any other L88b reseller. As far as anyone can tell, Volcano's are made by the same manufacturer, JSB (only the logo is different), so I've been assuming that their V-Packs have the same design flaw/battery issue that blu's do. They continue to sell them, however, citing the fact that none of their customers have reported any problems (yet).

Personally, I've decided not to risk it—I just use the Pack as a carrying case only and keep USB-charged batteries all over the place. Two in the (non-charging) Pack, a couple in the car, a couple at work... haven't been caught without a charged battery yet. :)

Guitarslinger

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Central Illinois
I received my starter kit several weeks ago and have had no problems at all with it from Volcano. They were out of the attys for awhile but I noticed they now have them in stock. They also assured their customers the manufacturing process for their PCC was different than blu, for whatever thats worth. My only gripe is the short battery life, but the PCC has made that tolerable also.

Geo0319

Oct 24, 2009
Once again, confusion sets in. If you've read any of my other posts(questions) you'll understand why.

I just chatted online with a Blu rep and was informed that blu products are not interchangeable with any other product yet I'm hearing here that you (hxj) are using a Volcano battery with a Blu cartridge. Is that right? Why not just switch to all Volcano products? How do Volcano carts compare to Blu's? Also, why do you need a pack? Isn't the Wall Unit or USB charger efficient enough?

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Once again, confusion sets in. If you've read any of my other posts(questions) you'll understand why.

I just chatted online with a Blu rep and was informed that blu products are not interchangeable with any other product yet I'm hearing here that you (hxj) are using a Volcano battery with a Blu cartridge. Is that right? Why not just switch to all Volcano products? How do Volcano carts compare to Blu's? Also, why do you need a pack? Isn't the Wall Unit or USB charger efficient enough?

Hey, sorry for the delay...

Yes, I have a mix of Volcano and blu products. They are all, in my experience, completely interchangeable. Both companies simply brand and sell the same device: the JSB L88b. There are a couple of other companies doing the same.

Volcano has some flavours that blu doesn't yet carry. Otherwise I assume they're the same, though I don't use blu or Volcano carts anymore, so I can't answer for sure.

The Pack is useful to carry around your e-cig, up to five extra carts, up to five extra atomizers, and an extra battery... and of course it can charge one battery while you're using the other. Unless you're going to carry the USB or AC adaptors around with you and rely on finding a USB port or wall outlet to plug them into, obviously the Pack makes recharging on the go far easier. Since L88b batteries are small, their charge doesn't last very long, so a method of charging them repeatedly throughout the day is a must, unless you're a VERY light user.

Hope this helps.

The Drizzle

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Washington, DC
The ten percent code is no longer available. It was for their grand opening, which by the way, was the code. I have a L88b (Volcano), and I love the little guy. If you treat them right, mod a little, and use the right juice, it really can produce a good amount of vapor. It's been a great replacment for my smoking habit. I've been a non-smoker for a month now!

I purchased a Volcano when my Blu order went into limbo. It still hasen't been shipped and I placed the order over a month ago! That is no reflection on Blu's product, just their bad luck. I haven't even cancelled my order because I like the L88b as an introduction to vaping. I'll give it to my younger brother for Christmas... If it makes it to me by then ;).

I do, however, vape alot and my poor little L88b batteries just can't keep up any more. They only last for 45 minutes of hard use, and if I drip instead of dip, sometimes only 30 minutes! Now, that's pretty much chain vaping the entire time, but still...

I've been ghosting the forums for over a month now, and have finally decided to go with a battery mod. I need the consistency and extra battery life, and if you're serious about replacing cigarettes, you probably will too.

I'll keep my Volcano as my travel pv (I can't imagine trying to explain a Silver Bullet to TSA), and keep the Hot Mod at home!

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
There was a link at the bottom of Volcano's website that had the discount codes in it. "blucigforum" is another code for 10% off, if it still works. He posts there pretty regularly.

Just FYI, I recently picked up the newer PCC's with the battery failsafe in them. They work great. I can plug it in next to my cell phone while I sleep and unplug it in the morning. I keep the older one as a backup. I just watch it while it's charging.

Incidentally, I fully charged the old PCC and stuck it in my glove box. Just for kicks I took it out and used it about a week after sticking it in there. It still charged my batteries (2 batts, twice each) without any problems.

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
hello all, I believe I found another Blu Alternative supplier
They are more expensive but have impressive colors and led tip colors also.
they also have manual batts which I do not believe Blu or volcano has.

The Sidesho

I think the black battery with the white LED is pretty cool IMO

Happy Vaping ALL!!!

Last edited:

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Hey Hey I am not a Blu e-cig or Volcano user but have just happened to be reading this thread, I can't help but notice that you have not given us that coupon code of yours, if you have in one of the previous posts, then I apologize but if not, why not share with us the coupon code =p

thanks

I didn't post the code because 1) it was for users of a forum that isn't this one, so I wasn't sure it'd be appropriate, and 2) I found it after about 30 seconds with Google, so I figured anyone else who was interested would do the same.

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
hello all, I believe I found another Blu Alternative supplier
They are more expensive but have impressive colors and led tip colors also.
they also have manual batts which I do not believe Blu or volcano has.

The Sidesho

I think the black battery with the white LED is pretty cool IMO

Happy Vaping ALL!!!

The Sidesho is made by the same manufacturer as the blu but is not the same model. The blu is the JSB-L88b (88 mm long) and the Sidesho is, I believe, the JSB-108 (108 mm long, over an inch longer). The batteries and atomizers of one model can be used with the other, but using Sidesho atomizers/carts or batteries means you won't be able to fit your gear in the blu/Volcano PCC. The Sidesho has its own PCC, but it doesn't hold a fully-assembled e-cig, meaning you have to screw parts together every time you want to use the e-cig, which for me is sort of a deal-breaker. The Sidesho gets very favourable reviews, however, so if you don't mind the extra 30 mm and the need for assembly/disassembly, it's probably well worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread