Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at Alberich II MTL rta sent to me by Vapefly. I will examine in this Test each of the characteristics that distinguish this vaporizer. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand the product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL rta; Before starting, let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • Top Airflow brings flavorful and concentrated vapor;
    • Single Coil Deck, easy to regenerate;
    • 6 airflow pins offer wide adjustments;
    • 4ml e-liquid capacity with top refill system
    • Leak proof design.

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA; Packaging:
    The package features an outer cover with the usual eye-catching "parchment" style. On the front of the sleeve there is the image of the product. Also on the front there is the name "Alberich II MTL RTA" with Gothic style characters, there are also the logo, the name of the Brand (Vapefly), and an adhesive sticker showing the color of this sample (Black). On the back side of the sleeve and under the heading "Alberich II MTL RTA" appear; the packing list, various social icons, brand addresses and contacts, warnings, scratc&check, barcode, logos/brands. On the side of the box you find the writing in gothic and conventional characters "Alberich II MTL RTA".

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-3.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA; Packing List:
    • 1* Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA
    • 1* 4ml glass tube
    • 1* 1.0Ω KA1 Prebuilt Coil
    • 1* 1.0Ω Ni80 Prebuilt Coil
    • 2* Firebolt Cottons
    • 6* Airflow Pins
    • 4* Screws
    • 1* User Manual
    • 1 bag of spare Orings

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-4.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA; Characteristics:
    • Diameter: 23.00mm
    • Height: 59.65mm
    • Weight: 72.6g
    • Drip Tips: 510
    • Deck: Rebuildable Single Coil
    • Capacity: 4ml

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-5.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA; Available colours:
    • Black
    • Silver
    • Gunmetal

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-6.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA; First Impressions:
    Vapefly is once again inspired by the Germanic mythology for the realization of its products, therefore Alberich is definitely the appropriate name for an MTL Tank. In fact Alberich (in Germanic mythology) was a dwarf with magical powers. Alberich II RTA compared to the original Alberich has grown slightly in height and provides a completely different system with Airflow from above and with adjustment via calibrated pins positioned laterally and directly on the deck. The small diameter of Alberich II MTL RTA (23mm) immediately made me want to go back to using my glorious Pico 75 with Arctic Fox.

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-7.jpg

The first thing to do before using a new tank is certainly to carry out a thorough washing. By disassembling the tank in question, I rediscovered the precision of the Vapefly couplings. Taking a better look at Alberich II, I immediately notice that it looks quite different from the original Alberich tank: Vapefly Alberich MTL RTA Review By Frenkyou

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-8.jpg

So I'm really curious to check how the new airflow control system will work through the Airpins inserted in an unprecedented lateral position on the deck. I will also try to understand if this new solution will guarantee adequate airflow control for the MTL style.

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-9.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-10.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA; Refil:
    As already seen on the original Alberich, the refueling system provides for the rotation of the top cap by 1/4 of a turn, once this is done you can access two huge refueling slots which are protected by specific silicone gaskets to keep the liquid inside of the tank without overflows. In Alberich II tank you can put up to 4ml of e-liquid.

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-11.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-12.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA; Top Airflows:
    When I first got in touch with this RTA I wondered why the two opposing slots on the top cap weren't adjustable, so I thought of taking a step back from the original Alberich. Also these two upper slots look big enough for a MTL Tank (4x2.5mm). Subsequently and disassembling the tank, I understood that the regulation of the flow was basically entrusted to the numerous calibrated airpins present in the package. The system consists of two bells; one external and one internal. The external bell has a larger diameter and in the lower part it has a thread to be joined to the deck. The internal bell can be disassembled, and is inserted by pressure directly on the regenerable part of the deck. The configuration of the dome has 3 slots to conform to the deck, furthermore the central part of the dome is flat with a rather small area. The 3mm diameter hole is placed laterally on the internal bell and once the deck is assembled this hole matches the underlying airpin. The air coming from the slots on the top-cap passes through the hole through the calibrated airpin and goes towards the side of the coil to then go back up the chimney in the form of vapour.

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-13.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-14.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA; Airpins:
    With 6 different calibrated Airpins (0.8/1.0/1.2/1.5/1.8/2.0) Alberich II promises precise fine tuning of the incoming airflow to the coil. There are two aspects of this solution with airpins that puzzled me; my first perplexity is the unusual lateral fixing position of the airpin on the deck, and the second perplexity concerns the method of inserting the pressure airpin. A threaded airpin insertion system would have been a better option because it would have allowed for quicker removal of the airpin when you want to replace it. The extraction of the airpin is in fact complicated; with the presence of the build, the extraction of the airpin requires the use of a thin screwdriver to be inserted between the build and the turret, applying pressure to make the airpin come out of its seat and outwards. Otherwise, to install a new Airpin there are no complicated maneuvers to perform.

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-15.jpg

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-16.jpg

► Vapefly Alberich II MTL RTA; Final conclusions:
    The raised shoulder on the deck that integrates the lateral airpin system reduces maneuvering spaces and also complicates the positioning of the coil on the deck. However, the presence of a double screw locking pin system allows you to lock both classic coils and micro-coils effectively.

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-17.jpg

Alberich II's deck has two long and deep channels for placing cotton. The two channels widen towards the bottom and require the insertion of a precise amount of cotton to provide a good supply of e-liquid to the coil. To obtain a fluid and regular feed without splashes (little cotton) and without dryhit (too much cotton) I had to make more than one attempt, but in the end I succeeded with some difficulty.

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-18.jpg

After some tests I was finally able to understand the quantity of cotton and how to place it correctly in the draft channels. So I took turns inserting the smaller Airpins knowing that for my style of vaping they would not be to my liking. With airpins of 0.8/1.0/1.2 the puff is naturally restricted and suitable for an MTL purist. Unfortunately for me the stifled puff creates only disturbance. In fact, with MTL systems having very narrow air passages I often get the unwanted straw effect which is a natural consequence due to the vehemence with which I vape. The airpin 1.5 option is for me an intermediate mode that satisfies me for the regularity of the shot and for the fact that it can withstand the considerable extraction force that I apply during the vape quite well. Naturally the best option for me is the one with 1.8/2.0 airpins in combination with sub-ohm coils of about 0.7Ω with 16-18W of power. With these configurations (1.8/2.0 airpins) the shot is more suitable for me, more fluid, more regular, and more pleasant. The throat hit is substantial enough, and the flavor of my creamy e-liquid is decent. Clouds get pretty thick and dense for an MTL tank. In addition, the drip-tip has a comfortable shape that suits my personal MTL vaping style. Some MTL purists might turn up their noses and argue that Alberich II's height dimensions aren't quite small. Perhaps these users would have preferred a shorter tank with only 2ml of capacity. The excellent 4ml capacity of Alberich II are for me an ideal condition with no limitations. In addition, the good build quality and leak-proof Top Airflow design are sure to be conditions that everyone will appreciate.

• Thank you for reading.

• Thanks to Vapefly for sending me Alberich II MTL RTA for the review.

Vapefly-Alberich-II-MTL-RTA-19.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread