hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back for another review. Today I will be taking a look at the Vandy Vape Pulse AIO V2 kit that was sent to me by sourcemore in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. The V2 makes use of a single 18650 battery and has an output range of 5-80 watts. Besides having a really sharp appearance, it has an IP67 waterproof rating which makes it leak proof and protects the circuit board. Included with the V2 is a 6ml rba tank that features honeycomb airflow. There are lots of accessories with this one that I will talk about more later.

ERgYCNd.jpeg

wAq3CKa.jpeg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Pulse AIO V2 Device
    4* RBA Airflow Pipe
    1* Instructional Manual
    1* 510 Adapter
    2* Drip Tip
    1* RBA
    1* Accessory Bag
    3* Drip Tip Airflow Pipe

edjZnj9.jpeg

SPECIFICATIONS:

BrandVandy Vape
    Product NamePulse AIO V2 Kit
    Size51*77.3*23.4mm
    Output Voltage0.5-6.0V
    Maximum Output Current32A
    MaterialAluminum alloy + Stainless steels + PCTG
    Battery TypeCompatible with 18650 battery (not included)
    RBA Capacity6ml
    Power Range5-80W
    Filling TypeEasy side fill
    Resistance Range0.05-3.0Ω (±5%)
    Screen0.42 inch OLED screen
    Package Size95*34*122mm(1PC)
    Carton Size494*257*203mm(50PCS)
    ColorBlack, Klein Blue, Violet, Red, Celeste, Sakura Pink

Nko8sMR.jpeg

FEATURES:

1. IP67 PCBA waterproof rating

2. Battery positive through circuit board

3. Replaceable key switch circuit board

4. New RBA and tank

5. Smallest compact size

6. Aluminum alloy fine carving material

7. Multiple accessories drawings for enthusiasts

8. With replaceable drip tip and drip tip airflow pipes

9. Honeycomb airflow intake

10. Provide an extraordinary experience with Pulse AIO V2 RBA

11. 5-80W adjustable power

wO6bT9G.jpeg

KON7BmP.jpeg

mUfjNJh.jpeg

vuR8Lee.jpeg

5j99Jrd.jpeg

pBF9zaX.jpeg

gswOBt2.jpeg

RIMij82.jpeg

FgQfHm4.jpeg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I really like the packaging for the Pulse AIO V2. I’ve always been a fan of clear viewing windows on packaging and this one has one large enough to see all the contents of the kit except for the manual and spares under the foam insert. There is one tip airflow insert pre-installed with the white tip on the mod and two additional pins to help the user personalize the airflow. There is also a second tip cover in black. In addition there are airflow pins that thread into the RBA deck that come in 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm (pre-installed) and 4mm sizes. The RBA pins are threaded into the deck to hold them securely. I also like how each pin is clearly stamped with the size on the bottom.

I really like the Pulse symbol on the front of the mod below the fire button. It may not be everyone’s favorite but I really like the clear panels on the V2. I like being able to see everything. I think it’s a nice effect to be able to see the circuit board on the bottom below the fire button. One other feature that I didn’t notice when I first opened the mod was that the top battery contact is adjustable. You insert the battery and then turn the wheel to tighten it on the battery just like my Stubby mod has. It’s a great feature that makes it feel like a high end type mod.

1712532664655.png

0JrMAut.jpeg

1712532711751.png

The V2 uses a single 18650 battery. The battery polarity is clearly marked inside the battery opening on the side. You can also see in the picture below that there are magnets that hold the side panels on. The magnets are strong and the panels do not move at all once put in place. There is a small cutout on the bottom of each panel that allows the user to get a fingernail under to remove the panels. One panel has a series of honeycomb airflow holes and there are three larger holes on one side of the mod.

I really love the appearance of the one that I received for review. It’s very nice to be able to see the liquid level in the rba tank without having to remove the panels. You can see in the second picture that the Pulse name is on one side of the rba.

1712532770005.png

1712532798677.png

1712532819734.png

1712532837332.png

I hadn’t seen a three piece tip design before like what is included with the V2. There is of course the outer plastic tip which there happens to be white and black ones included with the kit. Underneath that, the part of the tip that screws in to make contact with the rba has a slot cut into it to assist with tightening the tip. There is a tool included with the kit that makes installing and removing the tip quite easy. Also included in the kit are three inserts that slide into the metal part of the tip. Each has a different size orifice to allow the user to further tailor the airflow besides the four different deck pins included.

1712532878418.png

1712532904900.png

1712532926435.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Now let’s take a look at the rba tank that’s included with the kit. The tank has the usual rubber plug that covers the fill port opening for the tank. I think it looks a little tinted in my picture but it is in fact clear and the liquid level is easily visible. The deck has a simple post system where both face the same direction. There are openings under the screws that hold the coil legs in place while tightening. The chamber piece that covers the build deck has a half circle cut out on each end to allow liquid to flow to the wick. I tried wicking two different ways. First time I wicked the coil and trimmed the wick even with the edge of the deck. It seemed to wick well like this. The second time I changed the coil and put in a new wick, I left the ends of the wick sticking out of the chamber quite a bit and just trimmed it even with the outside of the chamber. This way was a little easier and seemed to wick just as well. There isn’t a lot of room inside the chamber so I would recommend sticking with a 2.5mm coil. There is a 510 adapter included in the kit for dry burning the coil but I was unable to use mine. I couldn’t screw the build deck into the adapter far enough to make contact. I tried screwing a tank into the adapter and it threaded in fine but the build deck I received would only go in about one thread and stop. It never made contact so I was unable to dry burn the coil in the deck.

1712533004216.png

1712533022847.png

1712533040018.png

I looked through the user manual that came with my sample and it was missing the entire section on how to navigate the menu so I had to try to look it up online. The operations is as follows.

• Press the fire button 5X to turn the device on/off
    • Press the fire button 3X to switch the mode of operation using the + and – buttons
    • Press the fire button and the + button to lock/unlock the adjustment buttons
    • Press the + and – buttons to enter the menu to clear the puff counter

The display on this one is a little small but it does show the Set Wattage, Battery level indicator, coil resistance, and puff counter.

1712533079314.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Over all I think the Pulse AIO V2 is a really great kit. I love the looks and functionality of it. I would like the display to be a little larger for my old eyes. I very much like the turn wheel that is used to tighten the battery in place to make contact.

The rba for this one is super easy to build but there isn’t a lot of room so I found it best to not go larger than 2.5mm diameter on the coil. The deck comes with the 3mm airflow pin pre-installed but I decided to go with the 4mm pin on my first build with the largest insert in the drip tip. This was very airy. I made the mistake of using an MTL coil that was close to 1 ohm resistance. This wasn’t a good fit with the large amount of airflow. I ran a couple tanks of liquid through this set up. The flavor was pretty good but couldn’t get the wattage much over 20 without it feeling like it was burning the coil. On my second build I wound a simple round wire coil at 2.5mm with some 316ss wire. It came in at .58 ohms. I also decided to switch back to the 3mm pin in the deck and switched the drip tip pin to the second largest insert. This was a much better fit for me. I was able to run it up to about 25 watts and got a really nice and flavorful RDL type vape. This one was a winner for me.

The only real negative I had with this kit was that I was unable to use the 510 adapter to dry burn the coils due to the build deck not threading into the adapter far enough to make contact. Other than that I very much enjoyed testing the V2. I was curious if others had this problem and saw that Todd mentioned it in his reviews that others had complained about the adapter not working.

I would like to thank Sourcemore for sending this kit for my review. As always, a big thanks to the readers. Below is a link to the website for your viewing pleasure. I also have a coupon code for you.

Vandy Vape Pulse AIO V2 Kit 80W (sourcemore.com)

COUPON CODE= VVV2 FOR $57.29

Users who are viewing this thread