Travel and Vaping Traveling to Hong Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yetiv8r

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
St. Paul, MN
Hello,

I am visiting Hong Kong next month for a short three day trip. I had heard it was illegal to posses and sell e-cigarette in HK. Wiki also states that. :(

Has anyone been to HK with their e-cigarettes? I really need my dose of vape right after eating that authentic Peking duck! :p

Now I am worried that I may also get arrested at the airport by the customs.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

vape on,
Yeti

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Hello,

I am visiting Hong Kong next month for a short three day trip. I had heard it was illegal to posses and sell e-cigarette in HK. Wiki also states that. :(

Has anyone been to HK with their e-cigarettes? I really need my dose of vape right after eating that authentic Peking duck! :p

Now I am worried that I may also get arrested at the airport by the customs.

Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

Vape on,
Yeti

No problems. I vape in Hong Kong when there but do not flaunt it.
Here is some info from a earlier trip.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/travel-e-cig/7928-vaping-far-east-pics.html

Yetiv8r

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
St. Paul, MN
I just got back from Hong Kong not too long ago. First time, I was there on Transit but on the way back I spent three days there.

On transit, I had to go through the security check even though I was still inside the terminal. All my liquid (4x20ml) bottles and the 501s (2 atty + 8 batteries) were in my carry-on bag. No trouble. They did not find anything. I think I got lucky, they did not do a thorough check with their hands taking everything out like they were doing to a random number of passengers.

They do have smoking rooms in the terminal, I just went in there and vaped. Few people noticed it but did not say anything.

On the way back, I just walked out of the green lane.

Good luck.

Yeti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread