The FDA just fully rescinded their MDO against Juul.

alli_vapes

Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2023
South Carolina
theavm.org
Today, FDA is providing an update on the status of the agency’s review of the premarket tobacco product applications (PMTAs) submitted by juul Labs, Inc.
447953148_10220111155249117_4740032840369535844_n.png
Link to FDA JUUL Update

SageSpiral

Moved On
May 12, 2024
  • Deleted by retired1

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's a significant update from the FDA! It'll be interesting to see how JUUL's PMTA review progresses and what it might mean for the future of tobacco product regulation. Fingers crossed for a decision that balances public health with industry innovation!

I'm not sure what the End Game is in doing what the FDA just did?

Maybe it Enhances or Satisfies a Legal Position the Feds/States want and or have? Or maybe if it opens up other possible Avenues for ever Larger Monetary Remedies?

But I know one thing. If there is Anything left to Kick when it comes to JUUL, there are still a Long Line of people with their boots on waiting in the Queue for their turn.

1717715314029.png

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I'd love to know the backstory behind this. It's been two years since they issued the MDO, and now they decide to start the approval process all over. :?:

BTW: @alli_vapes, I saw that you're going to be on the CASAA Live Marathon on June 15th. If you can, let us us know what time.:)

alli_vapes

Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2023
South Carolina
theavm.org

alli_vapes

Supporting Member
Dec 11, 2023
South Carolina
theavm.org
I'd love to know the backstory behind this. It's been two years since they issued the MDO, and now they decide to start the approval process all over. :?:

BTW: @alli_vapes, I saw that you're going to be on the CASAA Live Marathon on June 15th. If you can, let us us know what time.:)

I should be on at 10am!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks I had the link under the image but I guess it was not easy to notice.
I Don't know hw, but I missed it.

LOL.

So what's your take on the FDA's seemingly 180?

Can't see it as a Political move. And while Tenuous for awhile, the FDA's Legal Authority to Arbitrarily Ban was never really Questioned. Just the Wholesale Means at which the did it.

A Strange Turn of Events to say the least.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It might be a political move. Because of lawsuits, Juul owes well over a billion dollars to cities, states, and individuals. If Juul goes out of business, nobody gets paid.

It could be.

It's just we're talk'n about JUUL. The Anti-Christ of e-Cigarettes. Poster Child for Under-Aged Vaping. And all that is Evil in BT Incarnate.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sounds like they paid their lobbyists enough money. Greasing pockets is how you get the govt to work for you.

Yeah... Greasing things is a Time-Honored Technique to get things done in Government. But what can JUUL possibly gain at this stage of the game?

I mean... Does Anyone really think that the FDA will allow JUUL to be sold inside the USA? Ever.

JMO, but I'd say there is a Greater chance of seeing Dick Durbin brand Cigars than seeing a JUUL somehow rising from the Ashes.

Reactions: Bingbong

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    JMO, but I'd say there is a Greater chance of seeing Dick Durbin brand Cigars than seeing a JUUL somehow rising from the Ashes.
    Double D Cigars. Advertisers could have a field day with that! :greengrin::greengrin:

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 21, 2012
    N.N., Virginia
    I should be on at 10am!
    OK, I was kind of busy today, and didn't have much time to watch the CASAA Marathon. This evening I went back through the video and found that you were on starting at the 2 hour mark. It was great to get to know you a little. I have a whole new respect.

Anybody that hasn't seen the video, you really should look through it. There's a lot of good info in it about CASAA and more. Oh, and if you can, make a donation to CASAA while you're at it. They really need it, and every little bit helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread