SXK's self-branded TC mod - Nebula 50/60; TC with TCR adjustment; Big Screen; C/F temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
So I've landed on the perfect build for the nebula.....430SS, 28 gauge, 3 strand twisted. Built as a dual "sleeper" coil, coming in at .13 ohms.........tcr set to 13, wattage set at 60.....I'm hitting TP, but getting ZERO pulsey regulation......just smooth vape.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
So I've landed on the perfect build for the nebula.....430SS, 28 gauge, 3 strand twisted. Built as a dual "sleeper" coil, coming in at .13 ohms.........tcr set to 13, wattage set at 60.....I'm hitting TP, but getting ZERO pulsey regulation......just smooth vape.

How many wraps and diameter?

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania

Great to hear you found a coil that works good with yer Nebby. I'm guessing there's so much coil mass (3 strands) you don't notice the board regulating the temp. I've achieved the same vape with a 2 strand 26 gauge twisted Ti build. The chip still does its choppy TC but since there's so much coil mass, longer ramp up and cool down time, it's nice and smooth. Bada Bing! Found a way to overcome SXK's choppy TC.

EDIT: I'm playing around with some SS WIRE. I'm finding I really like the flavor it brings out of my juices. Anyone else agree?

Last edited:
Reactions: AlaskaVaper
Mine working like a charm, both on TC and VT

Attachments

• 2015-09-29.jpg
    2015-09-29.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 45

SteamHead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
Tampa, FL, USA
I'm pretty interested, if for no other reason than the fact that I've been DYING for a brass or copper regulated mod to put a proper patina on, which leads me to my question...

Has anyone taken this thing completely apart? How difficult would it be to take all the electronics out so I can put it in an ammonia bath? I'd hate to buy it just to ruin it. As long as it's fairly straightforward, I think I'll take the plunge.

Also, would a 26650 atty fit on top without overhang? It looks pretty chunky, but hard to tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread