Steam Turbine (Clone) RBA @ EVcigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestino

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran

Steam Turbine (Clone) RBA added to the store!

The Steam Turbine is a bottom fed genesis-style Rebuildable Atomizer that can built with stainless steel mesh or silica wick. The Steam Turbine RBA features two (2) holes that will allow you to build single or dual coils, a 3mL pyrex glass, a stainless steel see-through sleeve, and comes with a matching 510 drip tip.

HCigar Steam Turbine (Clone) Features
  • Stainless Steel Finish
  • Genesis-Style Rebuildable Atomizer
  • Extra hole for optional dual coil setup
  • 3mL Pyrex Glass Tank
  • Stainless Steel Sleeve (Glass) Cover
  • Matching Stainless Steel Drip Tip included and can also be used with most '510' Drip Tips
  • Two (2) airholes in Top Cap
  • Phillips head screws
  • 510 threaded to allow use on most APVs / MODs, 510, and eGo threaded devices

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
I'm going to nit-pick a little bit. First the screw on top cap makes it impossible to line up the air holes with the wicks(unless you leave the top loose). The wick holes are tiny, I mean T-I-N-Y. I will be drilling those out to the size of those in the AGA-T2. Finally those three holes in the deck are NOT threaded, making it impossible to plug them when not in use. All these issues can be fixed with a drill, drill bit, thread tap and some tap magic. I can shave the top cap with my belt sander and get the air holes lined up. Overall this is a nice replica of the Doc Dave Steam Turbine. But until I get around to making the modifications it won't be getting much use.

Celestino

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm going to nit-pick a little bit. First the screw on top cap makes it impossible to line up the air holes with the wicks(unless you leave the top loose). The wick holes are tiny, I mean T-I-N-Y. I will be drilling those out to the size of those in the AGA-T2. Finally those three holes in the deck are NOT threaded, making it impossible to plug them when not in use. All these issues can be fixed with a drill, drill bit, thread tap and some tap magic. I can shave the top cap with my belt sander and get the air holes lined up. Overall this is a nice replica of the Doc Dave Steam Turbine. But until I get around to making the modifications it won't be getting much use.

Are you going with a Dual or Single Coil build? A dual coil build with mesh should be fine without the need to make the holes on the deck larger. The deck has a well which should catch any excess juice and feed it back down or just get vaped since your coil and wick are right there. You will need to drill out another hole if you plan to use dual coils since it only has a set of holes on one side. Can you try screwing the top cap on partially and line up the holes to your coil that way?

Last edited:

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
I made dual coils. But the wick is so thin, it's difficult to get enough wraps on to get the ohms where I want them(1.3). The thin wicks also don't keep up and cause a it to have a dry burnt vapor. This is a pretty nice atomizer, but it's not a 1:1 clone of the Doc Dave Steam Turbine. It's a good starting point to mod into a clone of a DDST, if that's what you want. For the price I'm happy with the purchase and don't mind doing a little modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread