Seven-22 SX350 retrofit, is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Update: turns out the Seven-30s have the SX300 chip, so no 35 watt capability. However, they're the same size as the 22, and Eciggity tells me they're going to have them soon. And I like the look of the 30 even more than the 22. So if I do figure out a way to install the SX350, it'll be in a Seven-30, now.

So, I really want a Seven-30/35. However, the only place I'm seeing them is on AliBaba directly from Pioneer4you, and I definitely can't afford to buy 10 of them. Not seeing them listed anywhere as "Coming Soon". So I was wondering, could I get a 22, and replace the SX220 with an SX350? The pictures I'm finding don't really make it clear whether the chips are the same size or not, but if they are im sure I could get a little creative with the wiring to make it work. So basically, does anyone with 220 and 350 experience think the Seven-22 would be a compatible "box" for a 350 chip? And while we're at it, which tank would be most comparable to a dripper? Drippers are great at home, but I prefer a tank for out and about.

Current vape:
Innokin iTaste VV v3
PT2m w/ 1 ohm dual coil build at 11w
Local juice

Last edited:

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I doubt the chips are the same size. And there is no USB port in the Seven-22 in order to update the chip.

I'm not worried about updating it, I can update the chip before I put it in or just order one with the update. And if another update comes out, I can pull it back out, or maybe even machine a port into the Seven-22 if the chip supports battery charging. It's mostly the size, and whether it will fit where the current chip is. I know they have the same size screen, but I don't know how much taller or wider the chip might be. That's mainly what I'm looking for help with. I love the form factor of the Seven-22, but I wouldn't know the first thing about building my own head like that.

Current vape:
Innokin iTaste VV v3
PT2m w/ 0.8 ohm 5 wrap parallel micro coil at 11w
Local juice

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Where you able to figure out how to disassemble the head on the Seven-22, NickWhit? My Seven-22 suddenly quit firing any of my attys, but seems to be operating as usual. Even seems to indicate that it is firing, but am getting nothing. I have a feeling a solder joint has failed and is not passing current to the pin.

I haven't got it yet. Won't have play money until the 20th of next month (curse of the working class). I'm hoping by then there might be a teardown done of it, although I doubt it. I may end up getting one of those ugly box mods, that I know the chip will fit in. But before that I'm asking around the vaping community here to see if I can find someone to build me a custom mod.

Edit: here as in locally. Dunno if I'd trust someone on ECF, unless they were willing to list it on eBay for me.

Current vape:
Innokin iTaste VV v3
Local juice

Last edited:

per4manz

May 7, 2014
TX
I haven't got it yet. Won't have play money until the 20th of next month (curse of the working class). I'm hoping by then there might be a teardown done of it, although I doubt it. I may end up getting one of those ugly box mods, that I know the chip will fit in. But before that I'm asking around the vaping community here to see if I can find someone to build me a custom mod.

Edit: here as in locally. Dunno if I'd trust someone on ECF, unless they were willing to list it on eBay for me.

Current vape:
Innokin iTaste VV v3
Local juice

I appreciate it. Looks to me like it is pressed together, but from which direction I cannot tell. Hoping my vendor will be of assistance, but am not holding my breath as it seems that every vendor is "no warranty" on anything. If the industry-wide attitude of not warrantying their products continues, I may have to go mechanical as devices like these are too damned expensive to not have at least a vendor warranty of some sort. Something I will never understand. Other electronic devices come with warranties, why not these? That was rhetorical, BTW.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I appreciate it. Looks to me like it is pressed together, but from which direction I cannot tell. Hoping my vendor will be of assistance, but am not holding my breath as it seems that every vendor is "no warranty" on anything. If the industry-wide attitude of not warrantying their products continues, I may have to go mechanical as devices like these are too damned expensive to not have at least a vendor warranty of some sort. Something I will never understand. Other electronic devices come with warranties, why not these? That was rhetorical, BTW.

Haha, I'm hoping SquareTrade will seize the opportunity and start offering warranties on this stuff (regulated mods), but since each mod is specific to just a small company, I doubt it'll happen. I think they just don't sell enough of them to make warranting them profitable.

Current vape:
Innokin iTaste VV v3
Local juice

per4manz

May 7, 2014
TX
...but since each mod is specific to just a small company, I doubt it'll happen. I think they just don't sell enough of them to make warranting them profitable.

True. But what happens when people, like me (maybe), start trashing your product all over the internet? A loss of business that could easily outstrip any loss from warrantying the product. Especially with such a tight-knit group like e-cig users here in the US.

If you figure out how the head comes apart, please post back or PM me. As much as I like this mod, I will certainly not be replacing it with another if I cannot fix it or if the vendor doesn't come through for me. Will just stick with my trusty MVP from here on out until I am totally nicotine free.

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you figure out how the head comes apart, please post back or PM me. As much as I like this mod, I will certainly not be replacing it with another if I cannot fix it or if the vendor doesn't come through for me.

10-4, and if you figure it out first, let me know. Maybe send a couple pictures of it, too.

Current vape:
Innokin iTaste VV v3
Local juice

per4manz

May 7, 2014
TX
10-4, and if you figure it out first, let me know. Maybe send a couple pictures of it, too.

Well, (unfortunately???) I will not have the opportunity to do so. I just heard back from the vendor and they are going to swap it out! As soon as I get the replacement, I will be giving the vendor mad props in a new thread here on ECF. However, if you do land up tearing yours apart, by all means let the community know how you did it. I would be really interested in if you land up successfully modifying it to use the USB port on the new chipset, even though for the life of me I cannot figure out how you'll get the USB port to fit properly to be of any use in a tubular mod and especially how these heads appeared to be assembled.

Good luck!

NickWhit1992

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, (unfortunately???) I will not have the opportunity to do so. I just heard back from the vendor and they are going to swap it out! As soon as I get the replacement, I will be giving the vendor mad props in a new thread here on ECF. However, if you do land up tearing yours apart, by all means let the community know how you did it. I would be really interested in if you land up successfully modifying it to use the USB port on the new chipset, even though for the life of me I cannot figure out how you'll get the USB port to fit properly to be of any use in a tubular mod and especially how these heads appeared to be assembled.

Good luck!

What vendor are you using? Knowing that they'll do that makes me want to get mine from them, in case I decide not to go through with the modification and it stops working.

As far as the USB port goes, as long as there's room somewhere in the head to mount it flush, preferably opposite the screen, I can just machine a hole in the head and mount it with epoxy or hot glue. Otherwise, it'll have to protrude a little bit. But if that chip supports pass-through, it'd be worth it.

Current vape:
Innokin iTaste VV v3
PT2m w/ 0.8 ohm 32g 5 wrap parallel micro coil at 11w
Local juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread