Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I have a 5 moth old Provari and recently received another Provari. Now I notice on my old Provari that the button is not as good as the new one. It stays depressed on the upper side and just don't feel as "clicky". Is this because its older? Its also been switching modes while I am vaping even though I keep the button pressed down.

I looked on the inside of both and on the newer it looks different. Its doesn't have a block piece by the window. It also the kind that has the slots in the cap. Has anyone had this trouble with older provaris?

Thanks!
'

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I got it brand new from Provape. What Im talking about is that it will change while I have the button pressed. Im just wondering if maybe Im not making a solid connection. Cause I did notice that the top of the button is more depressed then the lower part of the button when not pressed. I just figured this was part of the age of the Provari. I have been trying to make sure I push the whole button in when I vape.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Can you post a few pictures?

You could try cleaning the area around the button, that might help. As far as the software acting up on its own, you may have to give ProVape a call.

Is the mod 5 months old to you, or did you get it used? Where did you get your ProVari?

Dleaning the button...do I use alcohol like I use to clean the contact pin and connection? The button on the older one doesn't stick out as much as the new one either.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Err...I'm not sure on the alcohol, it could seep into the button well and onto the board. I'm pretty much just guessing from a tech support point of view, keep your thread alive long enough for someone with more experience to come along and chime in lol.

If you got it new from ProVape, and it's acting like that after only five months, I'd give them a call. You should still be covered under warranty, unless you've given it a good beating in those five months, then it may be a small fee for repairs.

Have you done any modding to the device?

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Do you notice a slight 'clunky' felling as you push the button. One of my ProVaris developed a loose board after only a month which made using the button difficult compared to my other units because of the increased throw.

It does feel like I have to press it harder...I never really noticed til I got the new one. Isn't the button supposed to kind of do that as it breaks in?

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
It does feel like I have to press it harder...I never really noticed til I got the new one. Isn't the button supposed to kind of do that as it breaks in?

Maybe, I never noticed it. An easy way to tell is to stick a suitable object into the tube from the bottom and see if you can wiggle the board towards and away from the button/LED. It shouldn't move. ProVape will fix it if it's under warranty.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I have a 5 moth old Provari and recently received another Provari. Now I notice on my old Provari that the button is not as good as the new one. It stays depressed on the upper side and just don't feel as "clicky". Is this because its older? Its also been switching modes while I am vaping even though I keep the button pressed down.

I looked on the inside of both and on the newer it looks different. Its doesn't have a block piece by the window. It also the kind that has the slots in the cap. Has anyone had this trouble with older provaris?

Thanks!
'
Unless you board has become loose those Provari buttons last for years and years... I had a Provape1 when I first started vaping that I used every day for 2 years... Button was a rock solid as the day I first received it.....

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
puqapudy.jpg

This is how the button usually looks.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Your button is sinking! :shock:

I have a 5-month-old that gets heavy daily use, and it does not look anything like that...

I can gently pull it out but once I start using it again it goes back to that. So I guess Im going to send it back to Provape. Im just scared it might get lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread