Provari 3 vs Dany extreme v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaaan

Mar 7, 2016
Hi to all.
I am trying to choose my first mod.
I want to go for a good one from the start, so I have been reading a few threads and also watched a couple of vids.
I do want a cylinder so even if boxes seem to be more efficient they do not interest me.
I have narrowed it down between the P3 and the dani ext2.
I know that the p3 is quite old compared to the dani.
Dani looks more advanced in every spec. It also looks nicer to me. I do like the plain design.
I also had a look at the svoemesto equivalent, it is the most beautiful of the three, but it seems even more outdated than the P3, more close to the provari classic - 2.5.
Will the dani prove to be as solid and consistent as the p3?
Which would you choose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
I'd go with the Dani extreme v2+ (has a spring loaded pin over the fixed on the v2).

While I don't own a p3, I have a provari mini 2.5. It's an awesome device, except i have outgrown its 15w range as well as the 20ish watt range of the p3, so it's sadly sitting on the shelf. If it had 40w I'd still be using it.

The 40w of the Dani will give you much more wiggle room should your vaping habits change over time. It also has an excellent temperature control mode, should you wish to venture down that road.

These days I would only recommend a provari to someone that has found their place in vaping and if they are sure they will never need more power than the provari will be able to deliver, and if they have zero interest in temperature control.

Reactions: beckdg

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
The Dani offers more power and better features. Dicodes is an excellent brand. The Provari does not offer Temp mode, but does come with extension rings so you can use all three battery sizes. With the Dicodes mod, you get just the one tube and have to pick in advance. If I was going to pick them, I'd go with the Dani, but that's because I want the 40 watts of power. The low power regime is why I don't own a Provari now. Really, though, they are both excellent machines and you can't go wrong with either of them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Another factor that often gets overlooked when choosing a new mod is reliability and serviceability should you develop problems with it in the future.

Provape has a long history of making reliable mods and servicing them very quickly should they develop problems. I can't speak for the other two mods mentioned, but it might be worth your while to research that area.

I too was a long time Provari owner/user. Why Provari? I have three 2.5 provari's and a P3. I will have to admit that my Provari's don't see much use any longer as my vaping style has gradually changed over the years. I pretty much demand 30 watts of power, which the 2.5 and P3 fall short in that regard.

I'm currently using an AltSmoke Silver Bullet mech with a rebuildable drip atomizer and a Wisemec RX200 regulated mod (200 watts) @30 watts with a uWell Crown tank. I'd love to have a Provari Radius (40 watts), but its a box mod and you already said you prefer the tube form factor.

Prior to making your purchase, do a YouTube search to see if there are any reviews/demo's of the mod you're interested in. You might see something in the video that you wouldn't have considered before making your decision that could become a gamechanger.

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Provari 2.5 is just 15watts.

Currently, I think Provari is selling them very cheaply to get rid of them and to discontinue them.

I really wouldn't be surprised to see a Provari 4 (Tube style) that has 40 watts.
When they make that one, sign me up.

Danousa

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Ohio
Welcome to ECF! If you can, go to a vape shop and check out what they have. That way you can get the "hands on" experience. I bought a Provari 3 years ago and it is still flawless in performance. I know there are many others that have great quality as well. Choose what is good for you! Vape is a personal experience.

Reactions: kaaan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread