ProVape-1 Review: 1 month in (Pictures Galore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Lexgar sorry to hear about your issues but glad to see it's being easily fixed for you :thumb:

Whiskey I'm jealous.... I still need to get around to getting myself a blue one.

Realized I missed my 2 week update this past Friday since I haven't been around the last few days. Soooo....

I'll be honest that my ProVape-1 has been moved to part time use now, due to making a switch to 5volts, so it isn't being as heavily used as it was previously but it is still in use part time and performing as flawlessly as ever even after more than 20 weeks of use.

lexgar

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Greater LA, SoCal
As I stated previously, after about 6 weeks my Provape-1 stopped firing. I emailed and got a return call from David telling me to send it in. Exactly 7 days later it has returned-good as new. Actually, better than that.

David upgraded the switch to the version 2 with all attending improvements. He tossed in an atty to compensate for my shipping cost. I made a small order of supplies to be sent with the return unit, and when I got a separate email of shipping (fulfillment was just too fast) he put in a 2nd atty to compensate for that shipping charge.

He also included a set of sample juices and the Provape came with an AW battery inside! Not sure if that was a mistake or not, but I had included a battery in my order. So I got a 2fer!

Great PV, amazing customer service, stands by his product, Thank you so much David and Provape.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I've been using my new Blue ProVape-1 v2 since last Friday and.....I LOVE IT! Feels great in this lady's hand, lol! For you women out there that think it might be too big....NAH..it's not, it feels very classy.
I upgraded to the better battery and have had zero frustrations with them holding their charge. I'm a pretty heavy vaper and they last me a good long time, haven't let them run out yet...I switch them out about every 6-7 hours, but haven't had one even seem like it was running out of power. I LOVE THAT!
The throat hit is all I expected it to be, very satisfying and the vapor it produces is phenomenal...I've even found myself blowing smoke rings like in my younger days as a smoker...Ok...so that's not so classy, lol!
I have had major problems with cartomizers....but I had those problems with my joye 510 as well, so it's not a pv issue. As of now, I get the most enjoyment from dripping. :)
Btw...no problems with the switch for me, it works very smoothly and has a good feel to it, no misfiring problems.
All in all this is a very user friendly device and I'm in LOVE with it...my poor hubby, wifey has new toy and no play time.....

lexgar

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Greater LA, SoCal
Duplicate of post in another thread.

I have a Little Ying Yang Chuck as well as a Provape. I have noticed that if I use an atty on Little Chuck it does not work so well on the Provape. I have noticed this both on the native LR 510 as well as the LR 801 used with an adapter.

I thought that something was not going well on the Provape, but if I only use a new atty and do not use it on Chuck I am fine. A Chuck atty on the Provape gives only about 1/2 the vapor. A Provape atty only works just great. Vapor production on Little Chuck is about the same.

Anyone else have this issue? :confused:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
lexgar glad to see you got yours back working great and with such great service to boot.

As for the atty problem I can't really be of any help. I don't have a Chuck but do have other devices and I can't say that I've encountered that particular problem. I have had occasions where the center pin of the atty would need to be "pulled out" a bit when switching between devices with it but never an issue with getting less performance out of the atty on the ProVape.
-------------

lmrasch oh sure another person to remind me I haven't gotten a blue on yet :laugh: Glad to see you're enjoying yours too :thumb:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Thanx for the review! I highly recommend this PV. I left mine in a golfcart and greatly miss it! Im using my old VYPR and screwdriver until I can buy a new one.

:oops:

Oh that really sucks. :(

Does this work OK with standard 510 cartomizers?

I don't use cartomizers myself but as far as I'm aware the answer would be yes.

I know there were some threading issues with the original cap and cartomizers but they redid the threads on it to fix that.

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Just a bump to thank the wonderful guys at provape for answering a few questions about my new PV...I even got a phone call from them explaining
how to adjust the spring on my end cap...these guys are super & stand behind their great products 100%..I will be doing plenty of buisness with Provape in the future..Kudo's guys
t2019.gif

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
Thanks RR I'm glad you found it useful.

I haven't been doing a very good job of my bi-weekly updates lately. As I stated in my last update I have mainly switched to 5v these days but my ProVape-1 does get fired up for some use every couple of days and I still have not had any problems at all with it. Tomorrow will be 24 weeks of use it has seen. :smokie:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Thy...Last Sunday was my 6 months with no cigarettes. I knew I was going to buy a mod to celebrate. Had it nailed down to 3 to choose from. This thread and the quick answers to my questions (even on Sat. and Sun.) from ProVape helped me to my decision. I got a pink one. Ordered it Sunday evening and got it Thursday . I made a great choice !! I love it !!!
Thank you !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread