Not open for further replies.

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Here is how: Click on this image to see larger version:

capture.jpg

Then select file from computer and upload it.

Last edited:

hooplah101

Jan 21, 2015
Denton, TX, 76209
IMG_20150124_211623214.jpg IMG_20150124_223613638.jpg
My lil claustrophobic closet, LOL! I'm far to A.D.D. to not have all my gear isolated. My daughter called me Walter White after I first got it set-up! Loving all the set-ups guys, already stole a couple of ideas for some upgrades. Currently got my gear on order to set-up my steeping and aging system on the backside. Still building up my flavors and gear, only been at it for a couple of weeks now, but thanks to all of you guys, my wife is already getting mad at me for not making enough of her favorites! LOL Haven't even had time for proper aging yet!

Last edited:
Another idea under construction. Mixing our vg and unflavored gelatine...

Rowdy, I'm guessing that Birmingham is a pretty humid environment, like where I live but warmer. Have you had any issues with this material absorbing moisture from the air and/or molding? If not, how long have you had it around?

hooplah101

Jan 21, 2015
Denton, TX, 76209
View attachment 406665

Nothing fancy like others. I have been granted the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet for all my supplies. Flavours in one Tupperware container, completed juices in another.

"Granted" I hear that bub, so true, so true! If my wife didn't vape there is no way I would've gotten a whole closet. LOL

"Granted" I hear that bub, so true, so true! If my wife didn't vape there is no way I would've gotten a whole closet. LOL

If my wife complains about my taking over space for DIY, all I have to do is show her a few of these threads and say, "I want something like that."

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Rowdy is a genius at turning free or really cheap materials into useful equipment. Check his blogs for the portable, self-contained mixing station; I think it is absolutely brilliant.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/rowdyplace/5907-homemade-diy-tools.html

Thanks for the kind words. Being retired, I have more time than anything else. The colored molded things are made from a mixture of our VG and unflavored gelatin (Knox). Amazon.com : Knox Original Gelatin (32-Count Envelopes), Unflavored, 8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 2) : Cooking And Baking Gelatin Mixes : Grocery & Gourmet Food

The flat white trays are Styrofoam sheets from Lowes (or Home Depot). I cut them to fit the drawer and then started to figure out how to easily, cheaply, cleanly, reliably, quickly create the small holes in a neat pattern without destroying the underside of the sheets. That took some trial and error. I finally built a hand tool from an old flashlight... See attached pics of this little guy...

The cutting tool had to have a way to get rid of the holes.

A Walmart flashlight, pvc "t" fitting, an old hotel ball point pen, a dime, and some epoxy made this happen. Notice I hand filed the "saw teeth" notches and beveled the outer edge on the business end of the flashlight/punch/drill to allow cleaner cutting all the way through.

Last edited:

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Rowdy, I'm guessing that Birmingham is a pretty humid environment, like where I live but warmer. Have you had any issues with this material absorbing moisture from the air and/or molding? If not, how long have you had it around?

It is water soluble. I made these last summer and they are still as good today. No stickiness nor degradation. They seem to be more of a silicon than jello...

I also was concerned about insects, as in ants. Nope, nary a one! I actually planned to leave a bowl of real Jello out for a few days to see if it was the material that did attracted them, or that I just did not have any around...(I never did this...)

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Stainless Steel...Nice touch!

Thanks. I got it from webrestaurantstore.com shipped for less than my Vaporshrak rDNA. :laugh: It's funny really how the cost of one thing vs. another thing can shed light on how we value a dollar -- and this is something that will have multiple uses. It was nice to see my wife excited for something I bought that is ecig related. ;)

Here is my model: Regency 18 Gauge 24" x 48" 304 Stainless Steel Commercial Work Table with Backsplash and Undershelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread