Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'm thinking it would depend on how the paint treatment is to be applied and where you intend to paint (eg interior yes/no?). Also, which model REO.

I'll assume spray application including interior on a Grand. With that in mind...

* remove the spring
* remove the bottle and tubing
* mask 510
* mask the delrin insert with tape (leaving it in gives you two flat surfaces for easier masking plus it will allow the pos contact to be covering inside the insert)
* rubber cement on the exposed metal feeder tube
* rubber cement on the magnets (both on the mod and any doors you want to paint)
* mask the exposed firing button (remove any button covers)

Gregjl

Sep 20, 2018
New Jersey
I'm thinking it would depend on how the paint treatment is to be applied and where you intend to paint (eg interior yes/no?). Also, which model REO.

I'll assume spray application including interior on a Grand. With that in mind...

* remove the spring
* mask 510
* mask the delrin insert with tape (leaving it in gives you two flat surfaces for easier masking plus it will allow the pos contact to be covering inside the insert)
* rubber cement on the magnets (both on the mod and any doors you want to paint)

* remove the spring
* mask 510
I was going to take out the delrin and everything but the positive looks like it's pressed on and may not go back on as tight. Your way sounds better and easier but I would like to keep that negative screw in. ( with the spring out of course )

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
So you didnt sand the area under the spring screw head for better strong screw to body ground contact?
It was already sanded before. I left the door on and taped the back of the squonk hole to keep the inside clean.

When it dried I just gently sliced the door track top to bottom with an xacto knife and it came right off.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
72033833-1098-4A5A-9C8C-5B0E997353F4.png
4E925A4C-8056-4065-8B32-B50B53CA2CA9.png
I take that back. That was for the p67. On my sl I sanded the spring area after clear coating as I hadn’t done it yet.

Reactions: SteamStack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread