Nicoticket Creme Brulee and CLS steep times questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
My first order from these guys came in on Wednesday. I gave my bottles of CB and H1N1 a hot water bath for a few minutes then shook them like crazy for another minute. Dripped CB into a freshly rebuilt IGO-L. Tasted bad, kind of a weird burnt taste. Dripped the H1N1, not much flavor and whatever is there is pretty strange tasting. Tried them again yesterday and they hadn't changed much, so I left the caps off last night, recapped and shook this morning. I won't be home tonight, but I'll be testing them again tomorrow.

Hopefully it just takes some steeping for these to turn a 180, I am not picky and nicoticket must be better than this. I really hope I didn't get a bad batch or something.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
My first order from these guys came in on Wednesday. I gave my bottles of CB and H1N1 a hot water bath for a few minutes then shook them like crazy for another minute. Dripped CB into a freshly rebuilt IGO-L. Tasted bad, kind of a weird burnt taste. Dripped the H1N1, not much flavor and whatever is there is pretty strange tasting. Tried them again yesterday and they hadn't changed much, so I left the caps off last night, recapped and shook this morning. I won't be home tonight, but I'll be testing them again tomorrow.

Hopefully it just takes some steeping for these to turn a 180, I am not picky and nicoticket must be better than this. I really hope I didn't get a bad batch or something.

this is why I never tried the hot water bath or other methods
I've heard this to many times

getting into Rebuildables drippers and acquiring enough juice to be patient enough to steep with time
to me seems much better

Even early on I never got a burnt taste from CB or CLS even day 1`
after 2 weeks was really tasty and after a month Just smooth goodness

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey

getting into Rebuildables drippers and acquiring enough juice to be patient enough to steep with time
to me seems much better

Same here. It's enough, IMHO, to store them away in a cool, dry place for a few weeks.

Then again, they are pretty good FOOB...

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

to me seems much better

Well, I really just wanted to warm up the liquid so I could try it. It was probably about 5 degrees F from sitting out in the mailbox. And it was just hot tap water, not boiling. This has never hurt any liquid I've ever bought.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I have tons of nicoticket juice and the only one I have let steep was GCD, this s only BC I don't really like cinnamon a whole lot, but I do like cinnamon Danish, so I let it sit for a couple days and it made everything blend together a bit better. CLS and CB, I vape right out of the mail but I order big bottles so they a are around for a month day and I don't think they change a whole lot. They are great right away.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Louisville, KY, USA
I had the same experience as the OP.

-Small squeeze to introduce new air, shake, tried it. Nope.
-Caps off a bit, shake daily. Tried again at 2 weeks steep. Wasn't there for me.
-Still shaking it up. Tried again at 4 weeks.
-Just isn't for me. But it sure does smell DIVINE!

Nicoticket is top notch with ordering and customer service. They clearly have a quality product, especially considering their following.

It's not personal by any means, not everyone will like every juice. I sure wanted to, though.

Tiktik

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2013
Pullman, WA
Clark and Katy are great.
I can't wait for them to develop more flavors. Maybe after this long 3 days weekend when I go home and try the juices again it might turn out super good.
And have anyone tried the dragon fruit passion valentine edition yet? I'm anxious to try it I love dragon fruit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN

Just tried them again today, and I'll say that they have definitely improved. Not a huge change, but I am starting to taste the advertised flavors and whatever weirdness I was getting before is subsiding. Looking forward to more improvement over the next week.

I guess I was just a little worried, since I can usually taste exactly why a fresh mixed e-liquid needs steeping. Sometimes the flavor will be weak, but still good and everything that is supposed to be there can be tasted in the background. Alcohol taste is a dead giveaway that the cap needs to come off for a while. Sometimes, one flavor note will dominate excessively. What threw me off with these was that the "burnt caramel" flavor in the CB didn't taste right at all, same thing with the weak background flavors I was getting with H1N1. Couple this with my recent experiences of MOV sending me pre-steeped e-liquid which tastes phenomenal immediately and that everyone says NT tastes great right out of the mail. So I learned that different e-liquid steeps more differently than I thought, and that I need to exercise more patience before worrying that a certain e-liquid will never be good to me.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I'm vaping some Creme Brulee right now that has a born on date of 12/3/13. In my opinion, it was great straight from the mailbox but it has gotten remarkably better. The caramel is substantially deeper and richer. Exactly what I hoped would happen.

I wouldn't say that it changed drastically but it certainly is a better vape now that it has some age on it. Creme Brulee is one of the very few liquids of which I've honestly detected an improvement with aging.

bludogg

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2012
Arizona
That is strange. CLS is always good straight from the mail for me. Only ordered twice though. I let Creme Brulee sit for a week or two otherwise it tastes like CLS that's a little off if vaped straight from the mail. I think it's the burnt caramel flavor in CB that needs a little bit of time, but it's also what makes it distinctive from CLS for myself anyhow.

dan1boy

Moved On
Dec 23, 2013
Huntington Beach
That is strange. CLS is always good straight from the mail for me. Only ordered twice though. I let Creme Brulee sit for a week or two otherwise it tastes like CLS that's a little off if vaped straight from the mail. I think it's the burnt caramel flavor in CB that needs a little bit of time, but it's also what makes it distinctive from CLS for myself anyhow.

This. I've only vaped a tankful of mine so far and agree with every word you said. Letting it sit amongst the couple dozen other liquids I've been accumulating. Snickerdoodle was fantastic FOOB ...just like Clark says on the site.

bryman021

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Bradford, PA, USA
I just recently got my 1st bottles of juice from NICOTICKET. I started vaping H1N1 right away and quite frankly was blown away by how wonderful it tastes! I vaped it in a protank 2 mini(1.3 ohm cotton microcoil) on a SVD(9-11 watts) and dripped it in a igo-w(1.0 ohm cotton microcoil) on a K101. both are delicious but dripping it is just incredible! I got 30ml of H1N1 and will be ordering more as soon I as get paid Friday. I have CB, CLS, & Betelgeuse steeping now. Trying to let them steep but will surely end up trying them before the 10-14 days i am hoping to wait comes around

I have been suffering from VT off and on alot in the past month and when I get it I can't taste anything at all. Even with VT I still get a faint taste from H1N1. IDK, we all have different tastes and likes/dislikes, for me NICOTICKET will be my #1 supplier. Especially if the CB & CLS are as tasty I they smell.

skoot05

Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Evans, GA
Having read all the rave reviews about CB and CLS, I decided to pull the trigger on both last week. I had also ordered two IBTanked Cartos and was stalking the mailbox waiting for these Items to come in. At the moment I was using an innokin VTR w/ aspire BDC tanks. I was slightly dissapointed w/ the inconsistant coils for the aspires so I figured I would go the carto right. Let me say this, the amount of flavor that came out of these IBTanked cartos almost blew my head off. The Creme Brulee and the Custards Last Stand are both extremely flavorful right out of the mail.

Customer Service w/ Clark @ Nicoticket was exceptional right from clicking buy on his site. He emails you throughout the process keeping you updated on order status. He takes the time to follow your posts on this forum and to me that just shows a commitment us the customers.

I will definitely be ordering much more from Clark, not only because of the outstanding Customer Service but also the quality of the products he puts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread