luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
Vendor: My Vape Juice
Liquid: Gurkha Legend 2001 Cigar extract
Description: From Cigars International...."Gurkha Legend Vintage 2001 is a savory morsel dressed in a dark, triple-fermented Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper. This rich, chewy leaf cultivated in 2001 conceals a bold blend of extensively aged Cuban-seed long-fillers grown in the Dominican's famed Cibao Valley. After extensive post-roll aging, each Gurkha Legend releases gobs of rich, satisfying flavors. A buttery-smooth bouquet sits heavy on the palate yielding a rich creaminess throughout; a creaminess complemented by notes of dark chocolate, leather, and black espresso bean. The finish is long and memorable, yielding peppery-sweet nuances after each puff. Medium to full in body and complex to the core, Gurkha Legend Vintage 2001 is truly a work of cigar-making art." Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Origin: Dominican Republic
Body: Medium
Setup: Dripping on standard 510 atomizer with 18350 mod
Thoughts:
I've stated earlier in other My Vape Juice (MJV) reviews that I firmly believe they have the best cigar extractions on the market. Either clear or light colored they leave almost no residue on the atomizer while still retaining a great flavor. I was very excited to see they were starting to extract from more brand name cigars, although the 5 Vegas line is still spectacular.

Gurkha comes in an almost clear liquid with virtually no smell. By looking at the tobaccos that make up Gurkha it is expected to be a lighter bodied cigar. It does hit that mark. The tobacco is mild and somewhat sweet but with a very creamy texture. This creates the medium body that is stated in the description. I am not picking up the extra flavor notes but I really didn't taste those extra flavors when I smoked cigars. The flavor is very pleasing with an inoffensive flavor that please those that aren't cigar fans.

Final Thoughts:
I didn't smoke Gurkha cigars before I vaped. MVJ has taken a legendary cigar brand and created a great extract. Gurkha has a very pleasant mild flavor full of smooth creaminess that does not leave the mouth dry as many other cigar extracts do. For those that like mild smooth cigars with that little bit of sweetness should find Gurkha to be a perfect fit. Because of the other amazing extracts MVJ has done and my own taste preferences (which are more fond of strong tobaccos), I can't quite call it perfect although you may easily disagree. 9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread