Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Disclaimer: I am not at my home PC and I am actually on vacation so this thread isn't @ 100% quality that I wished it to be.. i.e. pics and or vid

Disclaimer2: The intent isn't to sway anyone that already have a favorite,but to provide another view to anyone that is on the fence between the two

I received a couple of GreenCig cartomizors from a friend to try out (thanks nv) and I really was curious about all the hub bub....hehehe

FIRST TAKE: vaped it right away on my protege and this is what I got
GC are tiny bit longer than the KR cartos
vape production seemed to be the same between the two for as much as I can tell

GC seem to last abit longer than the KRs(explained more later)
vape Hit... GC is really smooth and I can understand someone calling it a bit weak,,, but I have no complaints on that department

At this point I was seriously contiplating the GC to replace my KRs

SECOND TAKE: Now I have to see if I could refill the GC as easily and accurately as the KRs.... I pop of the mouth cap and seal to refill the KRs since that is an easy way for me.

I would have to say that the GC is a Royal PITA to open up... the mouth cap isn't even the hardest part there is a filled cylinder inside the tube that is glued in the design is more how a 510/or 901 and atty works just incased in a tube and slightly different atty structure.
I know you can fill the GC and even the KR with a syringe, but Been there done that and really didn't want to buy the T-shirt (not MY taste in actions) the syringe is another task in itself

At this point I still wanted to get the GC to be the new thing sooo

I desided to put a filled 510 cart and then a full 901 cart inside the mouth end of the tube...it worked...but basicly like a 3pc model if you think about it and I feel that defeats the original purpose of the cartomizer

I also got a bright idea to try the 510&901 carts in the KR taking of the mouth cap and seal... this way it would increase capacity(the filled cart and the filled cartomizer....it worked...but a bit clumsy if you try it you will know what I mean...its still a work in progress hehe

Conclusion: if you are a use and toss kind of cartomizer lover than I would have to say, because of it lasting a bit longer, the GC is the way to go...also if you don't mind using other methods to fill.

But if you are concerned about ease of use and continuous reuse the KR would have to be on top of its game.

one not-so-humble man's opinion hehe

Thank you for your time

Duck Out

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
The easiest way to get the cartridge out is to bend a small hook in the end of a paperclip, like this:

pawpaw-albums-misc-picture3078-tool-pull-cart-out-bluecig-cartomizer.jpg

Slide it down beside the flat part of the cartridge, turn it a bit & pull.

Having said that, there are three things I don't like about the Greencig carts.

1. To me, they have a horrible flavor.

2. The paper wrapper goes to pieces pretty quickly. Cutting a piece of vinyl would fix that.

3. They will not work on an unslotted KR battery or passthru. None of mine have the slots.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
The easiest way to get the cartridge out is to bend a small hook in the end of a paperclip, like this:
Slide it down beside the flat part of the cartridge, turn it a bit & pull.
True that IS the easiest way,,,but IMO by no means easier than popping the cap and seal out of a KR and after first attempt you don't even need a tool anymore just your finger nail hehe

Having said that, there are three things I don't like about the Greencig carts.

1. To me, they have a horrible flavor.

2. The paper wrapper goes to pieces pretty quickly. Cutting a piece of vinyl would fix that.

3. They will not work on an unslotted KR battery or passthru. None of mine have the slots.
my opinion is ditch the ecig batts and buy a nice 3.7v mod..there i go with my opinions again---hehe
Thanks for the tip though PawPaw that will help any GC users that read this post...and the pic was helpful as well... I LOVE visuals hehe

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I tried a medium and high nic Greencig cart in my favorite flavor - coffee. I found that they produced way more vapor, but the throat hit and taste was near non existant - even in the high nic. I have no idea how long they might last because I didn't like them. For people who are more into tons of vapor, and don't really need taste and throat hit, I can see why they would like these more. I tried to take one apart to refill with another flavor and yeah, it was a pain in the ..., and it didn't work at all for me. I have no doubt it was operator error, lol, but I just went happily back to my KR808 cartos.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I agree 100% that it's not as easy as refilling a KR carto. The most tedious part is scraping all the glue out before you can get the cartridge out.

At home, I don't use my KR batteries. My Silver Bullet with the right adapter works just fine! :thumb:
I feel bad that you made such a horrible choice in PV... So since I am such a nice person... I would gladly take that POS off of your hands all you have to do is pay for shipping....hehehe

:evil:;)

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
If the needle is the big creepy part for you get a flavor injector like they use on poultry and meats. You can find them just about any Wally World I imagine, and it makes refilling painless, and mess free without the "druggie needle" if that is a big deal for you. I don't think twice about using a needle though so that works for me although to be honest it's a bit too small to put the juice in with any speed, a flavor injector would be much better I just didn't find one at Kroger's but I could find their pharmacy, lol! I also found just banging it on the table a few times drop the cart out at least so that you could just pull it right out.

I like the GC taste but I can see where it can be a bit of an acquired taste. I throw my own juice in after the first round so it don't bother me. I hear you on the carts with the paper coming off way too easy. I just put a cart condom on the end anyway for a better seal and easier on the teeth, that helps a little. Everyone has their likes and dislikes about every model, for me this is the one that I have the least complaints about.

Last edited:

buttercrunch

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Oregon
?? mine don't have paper wrappers, they are glossy, smooth painted metal and say "greencig" in silver. weird! I need to research that!
anyway, there are many ways to refill, or you can top off thru the batt hole, but everyone knows that already. For a full refill or juice change, the most difficult part is pulling the end cap off. scrape out the little bit of glue, gently tap the cart on a table and the cart slides right out, honest! refill, slide it back in, insert 901 flat tip, I'm done. But my favorite thing of all is to mod them like this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...o-have-some-greencig-carts-laying-around.html the best of both worlds...and juice seems to last forever this way. :p

Last edited:

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I bought a 10 pack of the GC's about two months ago; used two and haven't touched them since. You really have to like the hard draw. Similar to the 4081 I once used. I think if you really like the 808, you probably really like the light draw that comes with it.

I don't know about that..I guess after vaping a bit I subconciously manipulate how I put a new cart on my PV, but I manage to get the same draw from both my GC and KR of course I am only a day old on the GC

I guess that shows how somethings can be so subjective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread