Multi-State "Vape-In" - Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two-A-T

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
St Pauls, NC USA
Our very own brialeeanna20 has done a heck of a job so far organizing a "vape-in" event that will be on July 11th in Pearland Texas. She has lined up several suppliers from here on ECF that are donating kits, juice, etc for the event and she is in the process of finalizing the location (has 2 options to chose from depending on how many people she expects to show up). Her event will even have some media involvement! I think this will be VERY good for the positive image of ecigs.

So, I have decided to try to do the same thing here in NC on the same date and I think others should try to do it in their areas as well. One huge event spread over as many states as possible!

We can use this thread to organize, exchange planing information and find out who is doing it. If we get a large enough response, I truly believe this will be a HUGE benefit to the vaping community!

Yes, it's short notice but honestly, something like this would be easy to plan. The hardest part is finding a location for the event and getting suppliers lined up to donate products. After that, it's just publicity which is easy.

Who agrees with me and is up for the challenge??

I will be planning an event for the Fayetteville NC area (right off I-95, ~1hr from Raleigh area, 1.5 hr from Wilmington, 3hr from Charlotte). Anyone who would like to help me with an event here, please contact me via PM or instant messenger (Yahoo/Skype - screen names in my profile).

Others who would like to organize in their area, please post a reply here with the details of your area so anyone nearby can contact you!

VAPE-IN 2009!!
July 11th

Two-A-T

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
St Pauls, NC USA
So, would this be a National Vape-In? Everyone could just go to there local Court House Steps at a set time? It would be interesting to see how many of us there are! I'm in Evansville, Indiana.
Yes, National would be GREAT!!
No... not so much a "protest" like you have in mind. This would be more of an event to:

1. "PROPERLY educate people about ecigs/vape to stop the incorrect information being spread by some media sources"

2. "let cigarette smokers know they have an alternative that the FDA might try to eliminate"

Last edited:

Marlyn M

Apr 1, 2009
NV
I just posted info in the Florida Vapers Group!! Idea... include the info on your signature so that every time you post you spread the word to other vapers from all over!! I'm going to do it!
So if we are educating. Since there is no one else in my local area, do we have any literature you could recommend so I can have some flyers done?

Monie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Im in AL and doubt there is enough of us to make a head turn, but I would be willing to drive to add to the numbers to either TN, GA, or FL (depending how far...couldn't really drive to Miami). Could some of you involved in organization please start a locations thread? If you stay in the state specific forum, you may miss out on some like me willing to attend.

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
We all have tried to write our congress to help us get the word out that we need a better alternative to smoking and no one has listened so far. Our rights as US citizens are being taken away from us. Our right to make our own decisions to to use nicotine which can be purchased over the counter at almost ANY store but yet they are trying to tell us the way they want us to intake this so called "Nasty Drug" is unconstitutional and leaves some no other alternative to flaunt our personal choice in the public eye which are trying to be closed by the Us Government. Yes the e-cig, Personal Vaporizer, Nicotine Delivery Device or whatever you wish to call it is for the long term, untested BUT You have to be a real idiot to say that it is not safe or safer than the traditional cigarette known to be a FACT that in the US alone kills 400,000 people each year.

If it is a National Vape Day that is needed to wake people up I'm all for it.

I personally don't like to wave my habit in anyones face but we have all done our part to let congress know how we as Americans feel about our beloved e-cigs how it has helped so many people and it is being swept under the rug like they never existed. If it is to sit on a official place and smoke away let's do it. Get the word out. We the people are not gonna take it anymore.

Last edited:

gr8dane

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama
Im in AL and doubt there is enough of us to make a head turn, but I would be willing to drive to add to the numbers to either TN, GA, or FL .

I'm in Huntsville. There's an active group in the Nashville area. There are a handful of vaping guys that I work with that may be up for a roadtrip, especially if beer is involved:rolleyes:. Most of their wives vape as well, so we may be able to scrape up a pretty good support group.
-Kathy

Two-A-T

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
St Pauls, NC USA
I'm in Huntsville. There's an active group in the Nashville area. There are a handful of vaping guys that I work with that may be up for a roadtrip, especially if beer is involved:rolleyes:. Most of their wives vape as well, so we may be able to scrape up a pretty good support group.
-Kathy

Glad to have you aboard! One thing tho...

While I don't see any problem with enjoying an "adult beverage" during the event... specially if it's at a restaurant or similar location... we want to keep this as orderly as possible. We want to put ecigs and vaping in the best possible light and at this stage in the game, I don't think associating it with alcohol would be good for our position ;)

Two-A-T

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
St Pauls, NC USA
Two AT,
I live down the road from you in SC. Roughly a 4 hour trip but would love to come up if we don't have one in SC. Anyone in SC thinking of organizing a vaping shin dig in July?
Where in SC? I would prefer everyone try to have at least one in their own state before crossing state lines to another one. But, if we can't get one going in your area, we'd love to have you up here!

Anyone else in SC wanna hook up with Soulchef??

gr8dane

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama
Glad to have you aboard! One thing tho...

While I don't see any problem with enjoying an "adult beverage" during the event... specially if it's at a restaurant or similar location... we want to keep this as orderly as possible.

No problem, I promise we'll leave our Pabst Blue Ribbon in the Nascar cooler on the back of the pickup truck along with kids, dogs and Moonpies while the TV cameras are turned on :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread