Mini or stanard, new or used

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
Ok, i am tired of the junk out there so I decided to purchase a ProVari. I own a mini Legacy which I love. I also own a YJ2.0 with a problem center pin (little over 2 months old,piece of sh**) which I sent in. I am leaning towards the mini, need feedback on this. I am also thinking purchasing new versus classified. Not really saving any money and not getting the warranty, feedback. If any one can tell me any differences between the 2.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Ive purchased both ways. The one I have now is from the classies and I havent needed a warranty. Its definitely nice to have but not a necessity with this mod.

If you keep an eye out and jump really fast sometimes you can get them for as little as 120 bucks ....hard to go wrong with that.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
There are still some blemished units in the Clearance section of the Provape site. I ordered one last week and the blemish is so tiny - a pinpoint black speck. It's definitely worth the $30 savings, since you will likely ding it up anyway. Plus you still get the warranty, which you wouldn't get buying a used one. I have a mini and a standard and I prefer the way the standard feels in my hand. I do like the teardrop design better, though. You can always get the extension cap for the mini and it will be the same length as the standard.

Beretta

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Mars
There are still some blemished units in the Clearance section of the Provape site. I ordered one last week and the blemish is so tiny - a pinpoint black speck. It's definitely worth the $30 savings, since you will likely ding it up anyway. Plus you still get the warranty, which you wouldn't get buying a used one. I have a mini and a standard and I prefer the way the standard feels in my hand. I do like the teardrop design better, though. You can always get the extension cap for the mini and it will be the same length as the standard.

I have the extension cap for the mini, so you're saying it's now the same length as a standard?! This thing is STILL small! I hope they come out with the longer extension cap for the minis. I contacted Provape.com support, and they said they'd pass it along to their designers. That way, we can use the really big batteries with the mini, with the option to downgrade when we want to stealth vape.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I have the extension cap for the mini, so you're saying it's now the same length as a standard?! This thing is STILL small! I hope they come out with the longer extension cap for the minis. I contacted Provape.com support, and they said they'd pass it along to their designers. That way, we can use the really big batteries with the mini, with the option to downgrade when we want to stealth vape.

Even with the extension cap it's still around 1/4" shorter than the full size. There's side by side pics floating around somewhere here. I also thought I'd like to be able to use the 18650's when I first bought my mini. I can't say for sure I'd like it now. I really like how it's pocket friendly, doesn't fall out of my pocket "T's" and I'm getting around 6hrs of runtime out of the 18350's, I'm not going to complain about that after using a BB and getting maybe 3hrs out of a unit the same size.
For the OP, if you really like the Legacy mini, go with the Provari mini. I was looking at the Legacy myself, for some reason or another? But side by side there was less then 1/4" difference in the lengths of them, at least in the pics I saw. This allows you the use of batteries you have, in a form factor you like. Such as myself, I really liked the size of my BB and hated to go any bigger then that. The ProV is just a bit larger diameter, but the same length. I'm very pleased with the size, but, as I've stated before, I wish the button was closer to the top.
As for new or used, that's up to you. I was ready to pull the trigger on a used one one night, then I went to Provape and put the same package together, it was like $5 cheaper to buy the NEW one! So watch yourself on that one! I've seen a few of them go for a good price, but you better hover over the classifieds and be ready, most are gone in around five min! If you can find what you want for a good price used, go for it, I doubt anyone that owned one could really do much to harm it and most sellers are honest about the flaws in the add.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
It's hard to find a decent priced ProVari in the classifieds. Most are asking damn near what they go for new. I would just buy from provape and get that warranty. Piece of mind is priceless IMO and although there are more positive reviews than negative I have seen many negative. Better safe than sorry over 10 or so measly dollars.

beast1911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Miami,fl
I just picked up one from the classifieds and am waiting to get it. It was a v2 mini blue led with the kit fanis 18650 extension tube and two 18350 batteries. It wasn't a lot cheaper but the same thing put together at provape was $40 more (with the standard extension end cap). I prefer the extension tube that uses the original battery cap over the provape end cap. I figured the odds of me needing to use the warranty is low and if it needs a repair I will.actually get good service over just having a paper weight. Hopefully you can get what you want, I don't personally think you can go wrong either way. But if your paying about retail for what you can get all direct with a warranty that's a safer choice. IMO

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I just picked up one from the classifieds and am waiting to get it. It was a v2 mini blue led with the kit fanis 18650 extension tube and two 18350 batteries. It wasn't a lot cheaper but the same thing put together at provape was $40 more (with the standard extension end cap). I prefer the extension tube that uses the original battery cap over the provape end cap. I figured the odds of me needing to use the warranty is low and if it needs a repair I will.actually get good service over just having a paper weight. Hopefully you can get what you want, I don't personally think you can go wrong either way. But if your paying about retail for what you can get all direct with a warranty that's a safer choice. IMO

If you ever want to part with the Kir Fanis extension, let me know please!

Beretta

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2013
Mars
Ok, i am tired of the junk out there so I decided to purchase a ProVari. I own a mini Legacy which I love. I also own a YJ2.0 with a problem center pin (little over 2 months old,piece of sh**) which I sent in. I am leaning towards the mini, need feedback on this. I am also thinking purchasing new versus classified. Not really saving any money and not getting the warranty, feedback. If any one can tell me any differences between the 2.

If you're a chain vaper, or would rather not have to carry around an extra battery, and don't mind the additional length, I would go for a standard sized Provari with the extension cap so you can use the larger 18650 batteries. I don't have one yet, but I am thinking about getting a second Provari w/extension cap as a backup, just in case I need to send this one in for repairs, or God forbid, I lose it!!!

I've been debating about having my mini surgically attached to me for this reason. The loss would just be too much to bear!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I haven't even gotten it yet lol but if I decide I don't need it I'll be sure to let you know although its doubtful. :) Are they hard to come by stateside?

Yes and no, it's an oddity. You can get them for just a hair under $40 shipped, but shipping from Greece seems about the same as from China! I can order one right now, for $38.40 I think, with shipping and exchange rate, but then have to wait two weeks to get it! It's "one of those deals" if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread