Status
Not open for further replies.

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hey,

i'm going to start my review by saying that I'm reviewing a second, second hand device that i've had to modify...

So, i got it last night from a guy who described it as a "POS" but who was willing to give it to me dirt cheap, just to get some money back from it... i did this because i figured i could, at worst, take it apart and learn more about the device, and at the same time get a pair of 18650 batteries and a charger...

So, getting it in hand, originally, it didn't hit well, it didn't taste well and it leaked like a sieve everywhere... not impressive at all...

in"fact, as i got further into using it, the leakage was so bad that it actually leaked from the atomizer into what i'm terming the "Command Module" and when i got it home it was so bad that it wouldn't fire. In fact, it was shorting out and would only fire if i took the battery off and put it back on, and then it would fire until the protection took over and shut the thing down...

so... getting home last night at 2am, i became determined to take it apart and "dry it out"... Well, as soon as I had it apart, it was clear that i had my work cut out for me... the juice was everywhere and it took me over an hour to get it completely dry... i even had to take the switch apart (a damned tiny component) and dry between the parts so that it wouldn't autofire and short out...

one i had it dry and test run to be sure that i could get the chip to work without shorting (another hour or so)... i realized that the wires that it came with (tiny useless things) weren't worth using to pick food from my teeth... so i turfed them and pulled out a heavier gauge wire to reconnect the chipboard with the hardpoint in the PV...

it took me another hour to get it to fit into the command module, (the heavier gauge wires moved the chip whenever i tried to fit the end caps on and it took me for ever to slowly and carefully refit everything)

my final step before going to bed was to seal up the command module with solder so that i wouldnt ever have to deal with this again... (when i got home from work today i unsealed the bottom connector of the command module so as to allow the battery an ability to vent into the case of a thermal runoff)

got up this morning and between reducing the airflow (since sealing off the command module from the atty) and using higher gauge wire, I've decided that this damned thing is a champ!!

it hits warm, it hits heavy and it hits tasty!! the TH is phenominal, the vapour is good and the flavour is great!

so... while i'm doing a review of the Me.Ca... i should say i'm reviewing my Me.Ca Mod, since out of the box, its not great... but if you take the crap wires and upgrade them and then seal off the atty connector so that it doesn't leak into the command module... i'd say that this is a good device... V2, if they implement these changes, will be a winner for everyone!!

Cheers,

JayTheVapingGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread