Maybe I'm alone in this feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The problem with the 510 is that it's a bad design. From the viewpoints of both mechanical strength and ergonomics, the male thread should be on the battery.

I totally agree with this. I have an extensive collection of 808s. I now use an Eroll and love it so I bought an ego kit so I could share attys. Have you ever tried to clean juice out of a 510 ego hole?, what a pain. The configuration also forces cartomizers and tanks to have these long threads, ect multiple points of failure. The other problem is most of the 510 ego stuff is 3.3v unless you go VV which makes everything huge, forcing you to find low ohm coils 1.8 etc just to get the wattage necessary for a decent hit. Most 808 hit great with standard gear.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Last edited:

tokyovapr

Jun 5, 2013
Tokyo
I totally agree with this. I have an extensive collection of 808s. I now use an Eroll and love it so I bought an ego kit so I could share attys. Have you ever tried to clean juice out of a 510 ego hole?, what a pain. The configuration also forces cartomizers and tanks to have these long threads, ect multiple points of failure. The other problem is most of the 510 ego stuff is 3.3v unless you go VV which makes everything huge, forcing you to find low ohm coils 1.8 etc just to get the wattage necessary for a decent hit. Most 808 hit great with standard gear.

I agree with this. Most 808 batteries give a great hit right out of the box. I've been using extended batteries (slim type), 380mah, both from Bloog and generic Chinese. But I just ordered my first "fat batt", a Vapor4Life "Vapor Zeus" 900mah. Counting the days until the package arrives. In terms of cartomizers, I'm liking the Bloog carts currently. If you don't let them run dry, they can go 2 weeks on refills easy.

dedi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Rochester NY
This is a great thread for me.........I am sort of like Jewel, stuck with what worked for me to get off analogs! I've been with V4L for several years! Graduated from their basic starter kit to a dial a volt now. However I still use their latest regular stick battery just about every day. They just last and last and are dependable. Yesterday I went to a nearby B &M store. Three young men were working the counter and all had large mechanical mods (Nothing wrong with that) hanging around their necks vaping away. They sort of had a "smirking" look about them as I grabbed a few drip tips for my 808's. As I chatted with them they realized that I wasn't as "new" as I appeared (thanks to a lot of good folks here, Bad, Katya.......nah, can't start naming :) When I left I had several new things to try out for 808's and a couple of adapters to try some others. As I was checking out I heard one of them say it's nice to see people UPGRADING.....I just laughed and sd well I am doing a "lateral move :)

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I am another loyal 808 user, me and the wife both started with V2, but they are very limited on what they offer, so started researching more and found V4L, which had a lot more flavors and all do bigger batteries like the DAV and Zeus, and as my wife is happy sticking with cig like batteries, and we already had over 30 808 clearo's, I wanted to stay with 808 device, memorial weekend I bought my 1st DAV, and have loved it so much, just ordered a 2nd one today, already spent a lot on 808 devices, not going start all over with 501 and have to deal with different threading devices for me and the wife, yes I admit it is harder to find things with 808, but am happy with what I have right now, and even though some say V4L is expensive, I think the quality of there products makes the price worthwhile.

Catmom

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2011
    Blue Ridge Heaven
    I've been vaping almost 2 years now. Started with 808s, tried the Go-Go and really didn't like it (apparently I'm weird, but I already knew that :laugh:). My biggest complaint right now is that I absolutely love the Elite or DM1 cartos (identical as far as I could tell), but neither CigEasy nor Nhaler have them anymore. I haven't found any clearos that I like either. My juice just doesn't taste right in them. I guess I'll stick with the Kanger cartos I've been getting from Vapor Kings all along.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2011
    Southern Wisconsin
    www.facebook.com
    My husband and I started out with V2's, but they seemed to be a bit pricey. After some research on here, I found Smokeless Image's Volt and have been using them ever since. We both have eGo-T's, but I'm more fond of my Volt's. I hated messing with the atomizers for the eGo-T. I always had problems with them, such as having to position the wick in just the right spot. Cleaning them was also a pain compared to clearomizers for the Volt.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread