Looking for an e cigarette that is just water vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
You can get unflavored VG or PG that is used for DIY mixes. But you will be missing out on the whole experience. There are so many flavors out there with a zero nic content that are really tasty! Look into getting a Volt starter kit with some blank cartos and then try Copper Creek for some juices with no nicotine. You'll be hooked on the different flavors.

moseng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
As mentioned vaping is not just "water vapor". The vapor consists of either PG - propylene glycol or VG - Vegetable Glycol. Now imagine that you would be inhaling this... get the point? It is supposed to be harmless, but IMHO this has not been tested extensively so you should do some research and judge for yourself.

Now, given the above if you still want to "join" the crowd you could order a small kit and buy some 0 nic juices. One place to go would be Liberty Flights. There are A LOT of others but this place has some pretty inexpensive kits. For example in your case I would get something like this...

Joye 510 - Standard - $36 (Looks like a real cig but battery life sucks)
or
Riva 510 - 35$ (Doesn't look like a cig so much but better battery life)
any flavor or two of 5 mil juice = 2.39

With shipping it will be under $50 and you will be "smoking" with the rest of the gang.

ricksinvest

Aug 29, 2011
Houston, TX
Hi, new member here! Thanks for having me.

I'm looking for something that I can puff on in social situations that is just water vapor. I don't need the nicotine, I don't need the flavor, I just need something to keep my hands busy and look convincing while all my friends are smoking around me.

thanks,
Matt

No offense but I sure hope that you're a current smoker. Don't start this stuff just too look cool.

Definitely go with the 0 nic that ppl talk about here if you have to. This isn't a toy and shouldn't be started by ppl who aren't already smokers. Smokers have had enough problems in life, just read the threads and you'll see.

If you just want to look cool, buy sunglasses. :cool:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
We use ecigs to satisfy our nicotine craving in an attempt to get to a 0 nic level and stay off tobacco. It's really a good thing to be a nic free person. I wouldn't buy an electronic cigarette if I weren't already addicted to nicotine from smoking cigarettes.

Almost every place that sells ejuice sells 0 nic level juice. Be aware that there are some tobacco extraction processes that will have small levels of nicotine, even in 0 nic juice. They usually disclose this in the information about the juice and are usually labelled as "organic" juices. Stay away from those.

I think you are playing with fire. 0 nic is like non-alcoholic beer. Eventually you will learn to like the taste and want to experience the buzz of nicotine. It's too late at that point. After a few buzzes, you will learn what it is to crave nicotine. Don't invite that to happen.

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
We use ecigs to satisfy out nicotine craving in an attempt to get to a 0 nic level. It's really a good thing to be a nic free person.

Not entirely true. I vape as a cigarette replacement. I have no interest in kicking the habit altogether. Pretty sure that it's what the majority of us here do actually. I don't think most of ECF are here to kick the habit completely.

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
Not entirely true. I vape as a cigarette replacement. I have no interest in kicking the habit altogether. Pretty sure that it's what the majority of us here do actually. I don't think most of ECF are here to kick the habit completely.
I sorta agree with GIMike, I didnt start wanting to quit analogs but I did that and also have cut down on my nic but i LIKE vaping. I am not sure i WILL quit that at least not in the near future and am in no big hurry myself to get to 0 nic. I am sure some people want to kick completely but my son who is 19 did want to try it for the "cool factor" with 0 nic, fortunately the girlfriend saved me from having to give an opinion on that as she threatened to do things I wont type here LOL! The jury is out on any study saying its 100% safe though I know it is better than smoking I was a smoker you were not... keep that in mind.

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
Oh sorry misunderstood and thought that you just wanted something to vape to fit in. If it keeps me from smoking im vaping it at this point, I also started smoking while drinking and turned it into a 20 year habit you do not want to do that (I didnt want to do it but my sister in law tired of me bumming smokes said "Get your own pack ya mooch" and the rest is history though I can only blame my lack of will power from then on). I started with 510 slim batteries and someone on the forum gave me a link to what i was spending 30 bucks apiece on....GP 510 SUPER Mini kit they are only 6.99 on sale here bargain
I still use these (had some of them 5 months they dont last as long now but they are still going) with a 510 atty cart but they will work with cartomizers and pre filled cartos anything 510 threaded. They are cheap and look like a traditional cig I quickly moved on from pre filled though and now use egos with a carto but as a casual smoker that may not be the route you want to take :)

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Then it would depend on how much you smoke. Your body is still going to crave the nicotine whether you're vaping or not if you use 0 nic. If you smoke at least a PAD, I'd say go with at least 12 mg nic. I use 24 personally, but that's just me. That should at least keep your nic cravings at bay if you're constantly vaping as you would be constantly smoking while drinking (I know I did). But you might find that vaping 0 nic just doesn't keep up and you end up smoking anyway. Not worth it then :) Or go with 2 different juices. Keep 2 cartridges/cartomizers with ya, some with nic, some without, that way you can vape the without but have the with just in case ;) If that made any sense.....

FantomCEO

Sep 26, 2011
Arlington
As mentioned vaping is not just "water vapor". The vapor consists of either PG - propylene glycol or VG - Vegetable Glycol. Now imagine that you would be inhaling this... get the point? It is supposed to be harmless, but IMHO this has not been tested extensively so you should do some research and judge for yourself.

Thanks! This might be what I'm looking for. I get what you're saying: I don't want trade one bad habit (socially smoking) for something only a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread