Large Batch of E-Juice Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdjg22

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
I just ordered 1L of PG/VG, and 60ml 100mg Nic base to start making my own liquid (for personal use). I'll be able to make roughly a litre of 6mg juice and I'm wondering if it would be best to mix it all at once? Was planning to mix it all unflavoured, store it, and then add it to 30ml bottles as needed with whatever flavor I feel like.

Last edited:

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
That's what I do, though considerably stronger since I'm aiming for 18-2 mg/ml. You do need to be a little flexible on the final mg/ml because when you add flavors it can be different amounts. Mine range from 2% to 15% flavor, so I make my base at 24%. You need to decide if some variation is okay, and allow for some dilution of the nicotine strength by the addition of the flavors.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Adding the flavor though will cut your strength, and alter your PG/VG ratio, too.
Some flavors, you'd add at up to 15% - so your 30 ml bottle would be more like 5.1mg nic strength...
Wait, actually, your premix would be 5.66, not 6 (cuz of the initial mix), so your flavored would be more like 4.8.
If that's OK, you could do the "premix base" approach...

rdjg22

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
That's what I do, though considerably stronger since I'm aiming for 18-2 mg/ml. You do need to be a little flexible on the final mg/ml because when you add flavors it can be different amounts. Mine range from 2% to 15% flavor, so I make my base at 24%. You need to decide if some variation is okay, and allow for some dilution of the nicotine strength by the addition of the flavors.

Yeah I'm not too picky on the nic level as long as it's below 12mg, I vape quite a bit! Do you add sweetener to the flavour concentrate?

rdjg22

Sep 7, 2014
Canada
Adding the flavor though will cut your strength, and alter your PG/VG ratio, too.
Some flavors, you'd add at up to 15% - so your 30 ml bottle would be more like 5.1mg nic strength...
Wait, actually, your premix would be 5.66, not 6 (cuz of the initial mix), so your flavored would be more like 4.8.
If that's OK, you could do the "premix base" approach...

If you figure out how much flavouring you would ad to a 1000ml batch, you just divide it by 33.3 and ad that to the 30ml bottle, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread