Is this where the new saloon is opening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Jaded by Aerosmith perhaps? Seems to be on with the beats you said. :p

No that's not even close. I think my use of the word "Jaded" is distracting. It's a much newer group than Aerosmith.

ETA: Considering there is only one radio station in town even remotely worth listening to, I'm sure that's where I heard it. I just sent them an email. As far as the other "rock" stations - it's 20014, how many times a week does one have to hear Smoke On The Water and Sweet Home Alabama?

Speaking of absurd playlists, I was driving home about 7PM one night and Sweet Home Alabama was playing on two different stations at the same time! I'm not joking! And again, these are "rock" stations, not "country rock" stations and not advertised as "classic" or "oldies" rock.

In the misheard lyrics department, I apologize in advance for linking to this song, but once you heard it, you will always hear it. You only have to listen to when the back-up singers start at about the 2:43 mark. Do you hear "Love Alcohol?" I do.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama - YouTube

Hey, at least I didn't link to Freebird.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Good question. :confused:

Seems kinda odd to me considering there are several Model Specific Discussion sub forums and Social Groups sub forums that haven't had a post in them for 1 - 4 years - inactive but still open.

I asked Classwife about that. I said if it takes time to create a format and that is what's causing the delay, maybe they could just give us one like Association of XHaler Enthusiasts (A.X.E.) that hasn't had a post since 2010 and I would clean it up. She said that wasn't possible due to the older sub-forums having links and whatever.

I find that sub-forum perplexing. While Xhaler still comes up as a product for sale in a Google search, I have no clue if it's the same device; all of the threads in their sub-forum are locked, but "post new thread" is still an option; the member who appears to own the group hasn't logged in since 9/2013. It also appears to go against the "Social Group" policies:

1. Groups with no new posts will be deleted after 6 weeks of inactivity.
  2. Groups with no new posts will be deleted after 6 weeks of inactivity.
  3. Groups with no active moderators or owners will be deleted after 6 weeks of inactivity.
  4. Groups with ineffective owners/moderators risk closure.

I just browsed the profiles of members who posted on the longest thread in the A.X.E. sub-forum. It's 5 pages long and the last post was in 20010. Of the 26 members who posted, only 4 have posted in 20014 and they have updated their equipment.

This is all just trivia to keep me from thinking about my icky real life stuff!!! I am in no way criticizing or questioning the mods! I want to make that perfectly clear. If any mods would like to know why I need to be distracted at the moment, feel free to PM me. My intention is not to get other members riled up. It is clear that the mods are short-staffed and have far more important things to deal with than the whining of the ProVari Nation. If you feel irritated, I apologize and take full responsibility.

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I just got a new camera today, a canon rebel SL1, so once I figure out how to use it, I should be able to share better pics soon. It was the 30 year reward from where I work, so far this thing is awesome, compared to the kodak easy share I was using. :)

KAS
I think that's the one I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread