IBTanked 22mm O-ring size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
Can anyone with an IBTanked 22mm tank tell me how thick the o-rings are? 2mm? 3mm? etc

Been looking at the 22mm IBTank tanks for my new RED Provari Mini coming in the mail, but they only sell the red o-rings in 19mm size. I was thinking I could get the 22mm standard with stainless steel caps - actually wanting the black anodized, but they are out of stock - and black o-rings (the only color option they have), then possibly purchase red o-rings somewhere else ...like these. The ID of the 22mm tank is (according to their website) 17mm, I'm figuring an 18mm OD o-ring should fit pretty snugly, just need the thickness to guarantee clearance. I'm guessing they are 2mm, but might be 3mm ...dunno.

I'm REALLY wanting to do a black-capped 22mm tank with red o-rings and a stainless drip tip - manly man colors to go with my blood stick! I don't really like IBTs red anodized caps ...too 'pinkish' for my tastes.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
When I ordered my 22mm IBTanked's, I got the anodized aluminum caps in red, black, blue, green, and hot pink (more of a purple IMO). I actually talked to OCD on the phone after my order, for some reason the online order went thru twice and he kindly called me to make sure that it was a mistake. I asked about the colored o-rings being offered on the website as an accessory. He said that the 19mm and 22mm tanks are close enough in diameter size that the colored o-rings should work on both tanks. I haven't had the opportunity to make the switch to check, but that info is out there.

BTW, the red anodized caps are truly red, not pinkish at all. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread