how to store Provari long-term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
My backup provari is stored in a tray in the tool box on my pickup wrapped in a red rag / shop towel that has some grease & diesel on it.
Same one I lost in the field while cutting hay a few years ago then found in round bale of hay six or seven months later.
Still works like the first day I got it.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
My backup provari is stored in a tray in the tool box on my pickup wrapped in a red rag / shop towel that has some grease & diesel on it.
Same one I lost in the field while cutting hay a few years ago then found in round bale of hay six or seven months later.
Too Awesome!!!

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Silica gel packets are dirt-cheap at amazon.com:

Amazon.com: 1 Gram Pack of 200 "Dry&dry" Silica Gel Packets Desiccant Dehumidifiers: Home & Kitchen

A smidge more than a nickel apiece.

If you're in a really humid environment, it might make sense to store boxed ProVaris (with silical gel packets) in freezer bags. No-name freezer bags in the quart size run about 15¢ each from your local supermarket.

Cheap insurance: about 20¢ total for an irreplaceable device that cost you much more than 20¢.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Amazon.com: 1 Gram Pack of 200 "Dry&dry" Silica Gel Packets Desiccant Dehumidifiers: Home & Kitchen

If you're in a really humid environment, it might make sense to store boxed ProVaris (with silical gel packets) in freezer bags. No-name freezer bags in the quart size run about 15¢ each from your local supermarket.

Cheap insurance: about 20¢ total for an irreplaceable device that cost you much more than 20¢.
And if you have a bunch of them an ammo can with a handful of them gel packs might be in order. :)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Your original post's pics are not up. Can you please upload them again for us.

Reactions: AstroTurf

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
Just make sure you put em through the paces for the first year while still under warranty, would suck to pull em out in a couple years and they crap out. Have to send one of mine back that I bought last month that wont fire an atty, no error code and very clean. And the one I bought in 2013 took acrap after 11 months. I really abused that one though, fell off some earth moving equip here and there, but after one repair its been going strong and still functions.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

I don't get why they state "do not eat" on the packages. They are delicious! ;)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I just wanna know why in the hell are people "storing" ProVari instead of using them?? :blink:
I mean damn, for as good as they are, you'll be 92 yrs old & they're still gonna be sitting in storage. :shock:
So what was the point of buying so many just to put away? :pop:

I started hoar... collecting ProVaris 2 years ago, with the premise of using some of them to help others quit smoking incase the FDA dropped the hammer on open tank vaping (and it looks like they are trying to do just that).

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I just wanna know why in the hell are people "storing" ProVari instead of using them?? :blink:
I mean damn, for as good as they are, you'll be 92 yrs old & they're still gonna be sitting in storage. :shock:

ProVaris do seem virtually indestructible.

But they have weak points which may kill the devices years down the line, when ProVape is no longer in business. The design is such that those failure points won't be hit for quite a while, but they still will happen. Every regulated mod can't help but have weak spots; ProVape has done yeoman work in addressing all these weak points, but no one's perfect.

Specifically, the electronics can (and likely will) call it a life. The threads can strip. The fire buttons, even though they're rated for a bazillion presses, will eventually fail. The displays can die.

One other horrible thing can happen to a ProVari: it can get lost or stolen. :mad:

After I considered all these factors, I now own 20 of them. And I'm 68. I probably have enough ProVaris to last me the rest of my life.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
After I considered all these factors, I now own 20 of them. And I'm 68.

With the possibility of scientific advancement, you may want to think about when you reach your 150's, and if there will be enough ProVaris in your stash to carry you until you want to stop vaping. There is a chance there will be a better option by then, but you can never be sure.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I buy things sometimes that I use and think May be hard to get in the Future and then put it into Storage.

That way, at some point Down the Road, I can put it out and it is has that Brand New, Untouched by Human Hands, Look and Feel.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I love my provari mini that i bought just before I found out about the dark ages that we'll enter soon. It's the only device I use anymore. We really dont know how they will last with 24/7 use since the company hasnt been around long enough to find out. Lots of vapers report using theirs for 4+ years. But like @mostlyclassics said even the best device can have issues at some point.

I'm no much of an experimenter - when I find something that works I stick with it. So, in preparing for the dark ages, I stocked what I thought I would need for about 10 years. I'd rather be prepared and find out I didnt need to store all this stuff than be caught short. I bought 3 more minis (I calculated five years per device plus two extras to cover loss, malfunction, company no longer around to fix a problem). If I outlive them someone will be getting a great device albeit old by then.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
For my ProVaris, each gets a day or so of use to make sure everything's working well, then they go back in the box. I look forward to opening a box with a brand spanking new beauty some day in the future. I may put them through another round of testing every few years as they may have a long wait.

After I reach 125+ years I may need help with the testing, but that's how my great grandchildren will earn their chance to be worthy heirs to the hoard!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
For my ProVaris, each gets a day or so of use to make sure everything's working well, then they go back in the box. I look forward to opening a box with a brand spanking new beauty some day in the future. I may put them through another round of testing every few years as they may have a long wait.

I plan to do that too every few weeks.

Reactions: 440BB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread