How to Fix the button problem of ScrewDriver from Wicked..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaping Away

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
I bought SD from Wicked and the switch button has a problem. Before I send it back for repair, I want to ask if anyone knows a quick-and-easy fix (and avoid sending it back).

The SD arrived with the button slightly unscrewed from the "shaft". If I wiggle the button (move side to side, just a touch), it triggers the atty. If I screw the button all the way in, it triggers atty to be on all the time.

I can see why they might have sent the unit with the button slightly unscrewed. It appears that the spring is conductive. When the button is screwed in enough to touch the top of the spring and the bottom of the spring touches the unit at the same time, it triggers the SD.

If I take out the spring, I can screw the button in all the way without having trigger the unit. But it still does not fix the "wiggle" triggering problem. So, there might be two separate problems (the wiggle and the constantly-on).

I can't imagine this is a design flaw. The old switch design (the one I bought from Trog while back) is quite clear how it works. The new MKII switch.. I am not sure how it's supposed to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
Two things come to mind.

1) Is the spring installed correctly? i.e. the spring is on the outside of the lower battery housing. If it's on the inside, it will pull the switch into a "on" position.

2) Are the batteries the correct type? I found that DSE601 e-pipe batteries fit inside the SD. Those types lack any covering/insulation on the bottom (- terminal) of the battery. You can fix this by insulating the bottom of the battery housing ledge with a piece of electrical rubber tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread