How many of you are using LR cartomizers on your cigalikes? I would like to get a discussion going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Well, unless they pulled some real tricks, the charger is putting out 4.2 volts to charge them so they are standard li-ion tech (but maybe special chem, IDK).

What does the charger say? You can measure voltage easily (not under load) with a multimeter if it's a manual battery. For the auto, you need to activate the pressure switch while measuring. SteelJan did that with a clear straw and poked a probe into the side to get to the center pin.

You already linked to the under-load #'s

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Well, unless they pulled some real tricks, the charger is putting out 4.2 volts to charge them so they are standard li-ion tech (but maybe special chem, IDK).

What does the charger say? You can measure voltage easily (not under load) with a multimeter if it's a manual battery. For the auto, you need to activate the pressure switch while measuring. SteelJan did that with a clear straw and poked a probe into the side to get to the center pin.

I don't think they are pulling tricks, I think what is happening is these batteries are sagging less under load and simply able to stay above 4v longer than the other batteries I have in this size class.

I think the other unregulated small batteries are are dropping from 4.2 to 3.7v rather rapidly and only have any kick for the first few minutes and then the discharge curve has a more gentile decline as it fades to 3.2v

Even though the voltage is dropping on these batteries staying above 4v for an hour is great The other companies don't seem to be using high drain for the small batteries so not magic, just better stuff.

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA

The first batch of batteries I got were manuals so I could test them. I will later start doing a less subjective test on them. My automatics arrived today.

Do you have any 9.2mm batteries? I would loan you one of my manual ones for you to compare.

These automatic stealth batteries have a nice cosmetic touch to them, I know it does not affect performance but is a nice touch. The end cap on these are metal, not plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread