Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Does the GLV 5v use a resistor or a voltage regulator?

If a resistor, what is the resistance?

I assume a resistor because it requires 3.6v 16340s. Personally I prefer the 3.0v LiFePo RCR123A batteries - and I have some for my Prodigy. If the GLV uses a regulator then I could easily use RCR123As. I'd get less heat (less voltage "wasted") and wouldn't have to buy different batteries and a charger.

If the GLV uses a resistor, then my RCR123As should produce about 4.2 volts, correct? There are times when it would be nice to have "multi-volt" capabilities.

jaybird

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
MI USA
www.greatlakesvapor.com
Does the GLV 5v use a resistor or a voltage regulator?

If a resistor, what is the resistance?

I assume a resistor because it requires 3.6v 16340s. Personally I prefer the 3.0v LiFePo RCR123A batteries - and I have some for my Prodigy. If the GLV uses a regulator then I could easily use RCR123As. I'd get less heat (less voltage "wasted") and wouldn't have to buy different batteries and a charger.

If the GLV uses a resistor, then my RCR123As should produce about 4.2 volts, correct? There are times when it would be nice to have "multi-volt" capabilities.

it uses a 1 ohm 2watt resistor. on a full charge iv gotten 5.2v-5.7v readings from the meter . 8.3v..ish from 2 charged batteries before they go in, so id say x2 3.v=6v. batteries would be about 3.5v-4.v.. ish . if you drop under that it wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread