GeekVape H45 Classic ( Hero 3 ) Review By Ben28

Ben28

Aug 2, 2023
Alicante, Spain

GeekVape H45 Classic
Captura de pantalla 2023-11-14 215704.png
This device is one of those that has been attracting my attention for a long time and that I have finally been able to try. We are talking about the H45 Classic from GeekVape, a device that has been quite criticized in its previous versions for a large amount of leakage and condensation in the pod-mod connection. It is a pod system, with a capacity of 4mL, a maximum of 45W and it has been one of the ones that has impressed me the most since I started in this, at least, for now.

I would like to thank CigBest for sending and making this review possible, you can find the GeekVape H45 on their website.

Disclaimer; Nobody nor any brand is paying me to do this review, all you will see are my most sincere opinions, both the positive and the negative.

Brand Images
Combo.jpg
The product has some pretty clear features and specs that I will leave in a table below.
Features
Ultra Light
IP68 Rating
Top Airflow Leakproof Design
Built-in 1400mAh
45W Max Output
Same Cartridge As H45 ( Original )
GeekVape B Series Coil

BrandGeekVape
Product NameH45 Classic Kit
Battery CapacityBuilt-in 1400mAh battery
Charging PortType-C
Output Power5W-45W
Working ModePower/Bypass
Display Screen0.96-inch TFT
Operating Temperature0℃~45℃
Tank Capacity4ml
Resistance Range0.1Ω~2Ω
Drip Tip510 drip tip + spare MTL drip tip
Fit ForGeekVape H45 Pod Cartridge, GeekVape B Series Coil
Product Size44.8*30*32mm
Packing Size73*60*108mm
ColorLavender, Sakura, Aqua, Blue, Grey, Black

Packaging And First Impressions

IMG_9191.jpg
The box is simple and maintains the usual aesthetic that GeekVape usually provides by combining the characteristic orange color and black. In the foreground we are shown the device in the corresponding color, in this case, Lavender. On the other hand, at the top we see the GeekVape logo and branding and in the corner we are told the maximum output, the e-liquid capacity and the color again.

IMG_9193.jpg

Behind it we are presented with a brief description of the product, the main features, the contents of the box and at the bottom certain ways to contact GeekVape along with a scratch card to verify the veracity of the product, which is always appreciated.

In the box;
1* Mod
1* B-Series 0.4Ω Coil
1* B-Series 0.6Ω Coil
1* Pod
1* Coil Tool
1* USB Cable

It is not indicated there but it also contains;
1* MTL Drip Tip
1* User Manual

IMG_9192.jpg

The side of the box is pure simplicity, simply branding and the completely orange background which, as we mentioned before, is the brand's characteristic color.
IMG_9195.jpg

When we open the box, the first thing we find is the device fitted into its respective custom-made hole that if we remove it we will be able to remove it and discover a double bottom with the cable, the other coil, the coil tool and the spare drip tip.

In general I like GeekVape's packaging, they keep it simple but at the same time elegant and luxurious, combining that black with orange that really doesn't look bad at all.

IMG_9196.jpg

This is what everything looks like once taken out and sorted out of the box. I should say little more in this part, as you see the device, in my opinion it is beautiful.

Device Inspection
IMG_9197.jpg

On the front of the product we find a 0.96-inch TFT screen, which shows different information in an order from top to bottom;

- Mode, which can be the classic Power or Bypass mode.
- 5 slots that indicate the remaining battery.
- Wattage we are vaping at
- Ω Resistance
- The amps at which the battery is put when vaping
- The voltage when vaping
- Number of puffs / Duration of the puff after giving it.

The color of the interface is changeable and we will talk about all the specific functions later.

Above the screen is the fire button, which has the perfect shape to fit your finger and which we will appreciate more from the side than from the front. It is very comfortable when vaping and also has a clicky sound that in my opinion I love.

Below we find two buttons that will help us change the wattage in increments of 0.5W or to use the different functions that the device has.

Below we find two buttons that will help us change the wattage in increments of 0.5W or to use the different functions that the device has.

At the bottom is the Type-C charging port, which I love its position since we can leave it charging standing up, which I prefer a thousand times to leaving it lying down.

We are going to talk about the functions of the device and it is going to be a bit long so let's get started.

- 5 Times Clicking Fire Button = Turn Off/On the device.
- Keep it pressed to take a puff.
- 3 Times Clicking Fire Button = Mode Setting State
- In Mode Setting State, you can travel between settings by clicking the fire button.
- You can choose between Power and Bypass with the +/- buttons
- In Mode Setting State, select puff counter and press ``-´´ button to reset it.
- In Mode Setting State, press and hold ``-/+´´ buttons to switch interface colours.
- Press ``-/+´´ to lock/unlock wattage setting, it will not lock the fire button.
- Press and hold fire button and ``-/+´´ button to enter stealth mode.
- Press and hold fire button and ``+´´ button to increase brightness
- Press and hold fire button and``-´´ button to decrease brightness
- Press ``-/+´´ at the same time while the device is turned off, then hold and press fire button and ``-/+´´ buttons to restore factory settings.

It also has certain security measures such as;

- 10s Timeout Prompt, when you hold the fire button for more than 10 seconds.
- Battery Low Prompt, when battery is lower than 3.2V
- No Atomizer Prompt, if there is no atomizer detected.
- Short Circuit Prompt, when short circuit happens.
- Overheat Prompt, when the device is over 65ºC in standby or 85ºC vaping.

I must add that it does not have a smart mode, that is, you must stick to the recommended wattage for the coil yourself. This explanation may have been a bit confusing, it is my first time doing it and I apologize.

IMG_9198.jpg

On the side we see the beautiful aesthetics of the device and we can see in more detail what we were talking about about the fire button, it has a certain inclination that makes it very comfortable.

There are three parts to the device, one made of rubber, which is the bulk part. The part where it says ``GEEKVAPE'' is made of metal and finally a padded and somewhat soft part that is quite comfortable in hand.

All this together makes the device very light even with a 1400mAh battery inside.

I really like the design and ergonomics of this product, plus the rubber part has a kind of relief and shapes that makes it very comfortable in the hand.

Last edited:

Ben28

Aug 2, 2023
Alicante, Spain
IMG_9199.jpg

Here we see in more detail the padded part that also has some seams, I think that this part can suffer a lot of damage over time and that we should take care of it.

IMG_9201.jpg

Underneath, the device simply has a non-slip rubber area that I must say does its job very well, even so, if it didn't have it and you hit it calmly, nothing would happen to it because this is a tank.

IMG_9202.jpg

As for the connection, as usual, it is through magnets, they are those small black pieces in this case and I must say that they have more than enough strength so that it is not loose.

IMG_9203.jpg

That open strip is the air inlet, which open will provide a good DL and closed and with its respective drip tip a good MTL, perfect to satisfy more than one need.
IMG_9204.jpg

Here we have the MTL drip tip, I don't know why but when it's on the product resembles a beetle to me, I'm probably crazy at this point but those are the vibes it gives me. I'm not a big fan of the MTL but I must say that it performs fantastically.

IMG_9205.jpg

Here is the liquid inlet, the only part of the product that I have to complain about, on practically all the occasions that I have refilled it I have needed paper to clean it because it got stained, I think they could have done it better in this case.

Vaping Time
Well, starting with the 0.4Ω coil, usual for me, I was testing in increments of 0.5W until I reached the one that gave me the best flavor and vapor, going completely through the range of 25-35W and I must say that this coil is It is preferable to use it with the input open to the maximum and a wattage of exactly 27.5W, at least in my case. The flavor produced is at the level of quality that GeekVape offers, I was already impressed by the Wenax Q, imagine this one, in fact, I must say that I was using the coil and spent about 22mL in the testing period, with that I say it all.

I also obviously tried the 0.6Ω one but I didn't notice a big difference between them, just a slightly smaller bump but little more. The optimal thing with this coil is to slightly close the air inlet and set it to exactly about 20W, at least as always, in my case and for my tastes, everyone is free to experiment and play with the parameters.

The difference between Power mode and Bypass mode is more than clear, Bypass mode uses a voltage output similar to the battery voltage, so it can be said that it gives its all to provide the best flavor and vapor possible, even so , during the testing period and even now I find that I use the Power mode a thousand times more than the other.

The MTL drip tip is very very thin and perfect for those who want a vape of that style, but I recommend higher ohmia resistances for this type of case and close the air inlet a lot, which filters great but is missing a little touch but in the end so that it is a ten out of ten.

Let's talk about the performance of the battery, well, being a 1400mAh it lasted approximately some 3-4 seconds 200puffs for me, quite good compared to the charging time which in this timed case was 37 minutes which if we approximate it would be about 40 minutes from 0% to 100%, pretty fast for a battery of this size.

As for leaking, GeekVape has put aside all the criticisms that this product received and I must say that at least during the test period I did not find a single drop in the connection between cartridge and battery.

I must say that it has received more than one blow and I don't see any scratches anywhere, probably due to the rubber part that is unlikely to be damaged, but take care of the screen because it can be scratched by contact with keys for example.

Pros And Cons
Pros
Cons
High E-Liquid Capacity
Messy E-Liqud Reffiling
Different Modes
``Leather´´ Part Can Be Damaged
2 Drip Tips Included
Outstanding Flavour
Customizable UI
Ergonomic
IP-68 = Durable

Conclusion
Do you want something durable, reliable, versatile, economical and that also provides a good flavor? This is totally your product. I loved it in every aspect and it will be my main pod from now on using the 0.6Ω Coils.

What else can I say about it if everything has already been said, just be careful when you refill the liquid if you don't want to get stained.

That was the entire review, I hope you liked it, I loved doing it to be honest, any question or doubt, even constructive criticism, is accepted in the comments, have a good time vaping and thanks for reading !

By Ben28.

Users who are viewing this thread