Flashlight mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Just finished my flashlight mod. Took me a couple hours as I am horrible at soldering and had a real hard time fitting everything in the top.

I used an RCA connector, 510 atty, 14500 battery, LED. To get the 14500 to not flop around I took a piece of CPVC and put it in the tube.

It may not be the best or neatest but it is mine and I built it!

opuscroakus-albums-my-album-picture3021-ecig-mod-001.jpg

Brazilleon

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Los Angeles, California
That looks very nice!!
I built my first one over the weekend. The connector is mounted in epoxy at a weird angle and looks crappy. Likewise I found gettting everything to fit was really fiddly!! It was a good practise run for me while waiting for my dealextreme delivery of torches, LEDs, and most annoyingly the chargers!! I am getting so frustrated waiting for mail. I have made a nice 510 nicostick today, all tested with multimeter and good to go. I have the batteries but mo charger! I can't wait to try these things out!! I am also off to Hawaii next weekend for my vaccation and really want an all day vape solution.
I really hope the charger arrives this week, all my 510 batteries have weakend badly.
What switch did you use? My switch from RS like Roberts detonator is pretty deep. Almost touching the connector, which is why I ended up mounting unevenly.

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
Brazilleon,

Thanks for the comments. I was running into the same problem as yourself with the original switch I had chosen. I went back to RS and picked up some 5mm tact switches, part no 275-0002. I installed it and then took one of the led's I had removed from the flashlight and carefully super-glued it onto it. Works great. There is a taller tact switch which I could have used but wasn't sure if it would hold up. I trashed one flashlight completely by drilling the holes too low and couldn't screw the top back on. I am really pleased with the way it turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread