Explain to me about vaping "unflavored e-juice"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

Nolongerpuffin

Aug 1, 2015
    I just started vaping unflavored with a few drops of cinnamon or menthol juice added right to the tank the unflavored nic is in. I'm loving it.

It's light and the nic has it's own slightly sweet, slightly peppery taste. I vape 50/50. I get nice TH and good vapor out of the mix and the hint of flavor from from the flavored juices is much nicer than the heavy, sweet taste of the flavored juices vaped on their own.

I also find myself vaping less because I'm not craving the sweets from the juices. I only bought 60 ml of the unflavored nic to try it out, but will purchase a larger quantity when this runs low. I've already ordered some needle tipped 30 ml bottles to decant the nic into when i order the larger bottle of it.

Nolongerpuffin

Aug 1, 2015
    I think of it like when you got to a fancy restaurant and your glass of water comes with a sprig of mint or slice lemon. you're going for just a hint of flavor if you use flavorig, or at least I am. Remember, if you are using flavorings, that they are STRONG, just a drop or two will do ya.

I use actual juices and 2-3 drops in a Kanger GeniTank are enough to give a tank of unflavored nic a light, but noticeable flavor.

Swede

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 28, 2011
    Canada
    I vaped tobacco flavored eliquid for 4 years approx. Got tired of the price, and heard about unflavored here. I picked up supplies close to a year ago to get into DIY and never looked back.

I mix mine around 50/50 (sometimes 60/40 or 40/60) but usually 50/50 is my sweet spot. 9mg strength. I find that it is not truly flavorless, but it leaves no odor which makes it a great stealth vape, and a great vape in the house when you don't want additional smells around. I love the taste of it, as others have said, it's a little smokey?, peppery, and sweet at the same time. It's been so long since I smoked tobacco I honestly can't tell you if it tastes like that because I can't remember. It's subtle, clean, and smooth.

I don't see myself going back to flavors, tried a few and none of the berries, cocktails, custards, etc appeal to me. HUGE upside is the cost is peanuts compared to B&M or online pricing of regular flavored eliquid. Bulk supplies are a bit of an investment, but once you have a few litres of PG/VG base and some nic base, you can make it up as you need. I keep everything in the freezer except for my daily use bottles, and a 120ml refiller for my droppers. I mix 1L batches, portion into my large refillers, and take out a 120ml whenever I need. Stays fresh and works WONDERS for me....

If you haven't tried unflavored yet, DO IT.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 3, 2014
    United States
    Ok, ive finally just tried my first few vapes of unflavored...im using 60/40 vg/pg....i was hoping to like it as im getting a really bad sickly feeling of flavors, but boy it tastes gross to me....feeling disappointed
    Something wrong with you juice?
    I've heard "bland", "tasteless", "unsatisfying" about unflavored, but "gross"...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Ok, ive finally just tried my first few vapes of unflavored...im using 60/40 vg/pg....i was hoping to like it as im getting a really bad sickly feeling of flavors, but boy it tastes gross to me....feeling disappointed

What does it Taste Like?

Reactions: cags

Scorpion Dom

Jul 29, 2015
    yes i started having gross feelings even with my flavored juices....feelings of throwing up...so i decided to try unflavored....it tastes just like nothing ive ever tasted...cant really explain it...just awful to me...i threw up later....and about 30 minutes ago i bought cigarettes and had one after 39 days of being smoke free....feeling depressed atm

man00ver

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 10, 2014
    Braselton, GA, USA
    yes i started having gross feelings even with my flavored juices....feelings of throwing up...so i decided to try unflavored....it tastes just like nothing ive ever tasted...cant really explain it...just awful to me...i threw up later....and about 30 minutes ago i bought cigarettes and had one after 39 days of being smoke free....feeling depressed atm

Hang in there, Dom, there's still a chance you can find out what's going wrong.

Maybe you're sensitive to PG. Get some straight VG from a local drugstore. Perhaps spike it with a few drops of a flavored liquid you have that sounds easy for you (citrus, mint, menthol?) and cut it with a few drops of distilled water. Then go slow with it when you feel a little stronger, to see if it meets your tolerance.

Conversely, you may not get along with VG. It won't be quite as convenient, but you can get some straight PG online and try a similar routine.

If you find that one of those works better than the other, you can start slowly adding flavor and nicotine until you get to a suitable mix, one that kills cravings without tipping you over. Good luck.

Nolongerpuffin

Aug 1, 2015
    Something wrong with you juice?
    I've heard "bland", "tasteless", "unsatisfying" about unflavored, but "gross"...
    If it tastes "gross", you've got some bad nic. About the worst you usually hear is about unflavored nic is that it has a "peppery" flavor and properly filtered nic often doesn't even have that.

Do you mind telling us where you got your nic from? I've gotten nic from a couple of different vendors now, and while I've noticed a slight difference in taste, there's certainly nothing gross about either product.

If you are feeling sick or nauseous, the nic is most likely too strong for you.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Are your Flavored e-Liquids made from Nicotine as the Unflavored?

If you are feeling Sick from both, and the Same Nicotine Base is in Both, it would seem that the Problem is in the Nicotine Base.

Scorpion Dom

Jul 29, 2015
    Hang in there, Dom, there's still a chance you can find out what's going wrong.

Maybe you're sensitive to PG. Get some straight VG from a local drugstore. Perhaps spike it with a few drops of a flavored liquid you have that sounds easy for you (citrus, mint, menthol?) and cut it with a few drops of distilled water. Then go slow with it when you feel a little stronger, to see if it meets your tolerance.

Conversely, you may not get along with VG. It won't be quite as convenient, but you can get some straight PG online and try a similar routine.

If you find that one of those works better than the other, you can start slowly adding flavor and nicotine until you get to a suitable mix, one that kills cravings without tipping you over. Good luck.
    Thank You. I purchased pg and vg from diy eliquid supplies and received it yesterday. i thought i should try a higher vg thinking i may be sensitive to pg. since i do have the dilutents i will try what youve said. good advice. thanks again

Scorpion Dom

Jul 29, 2015
    If it tastes "gross", you've got some bad nic. About the worst you usually hear is about unflavored nic is that it has a "peppery" flavor and properly filtered nic often doesn't even have that.

Do you mind telling us where you got your nic from? I've gotten nic from a couple of different vendors now, and while I've noticed a slight difference in taste, there's certainly nothing gross about either product.

If you are feeling sick or nauseous, the nic is most likely too strong for you.
    im in taiwan and i got my nic from a local vendor here that i had bought my eliquid from. i had cut down to 6mg so its not much and yesterday i tried 2 mg, so i dont think its the nic.

Scorpion Dom

Jul 29, 2015
    Are your Flavored e-Liquids made from Nicotine as the Unflavored?

If you are feeling Sick from both, and the Same Nicotine Base is in Both, it would seem that the Problem is in the Nicotine Base.
    Yes...although its possible its the nicotine, im not thinking it is....but i will try today without any nicotine

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread