Dry out cartos on purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taranolo

Jan 28, 2015
Mn
I had to vape 0 nicotine cartos after a spinal surgery, as nicotine can inhibit fusing. My fusion was successful, and I have been vaping high nicotine ejuice again. I have about 6 boxes of the 0 nic cartos, and would like to know if I opened them up and let them dry out, could I use them basically as blanks? I am an RY4 vaper alomost exclusively, so cross tasting wouldn't be an issue. Just wondering if anyone has done this? I use cartos at work instead of tanks due to leakage, etc... Would this work?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Probably not, is the best answer I can give you. (There are things you can do, but most are fairly ineffective).

You'd do better just to vape off half (or more) of the 0% liquid and then top up. It wouldn't take many puffs... these are cartos after all! :)

This would be my choice. You could boil them to get most of the juice out, but you won't get 100% and then after drying they won't be very good.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I had to vape 0 nicotine cartos after a spinal surgery, as nicotine can inhibit fusing. My fusion was successful, and I have been vaping high nicotine ejuice again. I have about 6 boxes of the 0 nic cartos, and would like to know if I opened them up and let them dry out, could I use them basically as blanks? I am an RY4 vaper alomost exclusively, so cross tasting wouldn't be an issue. Just wondering if anyone has done this? I use cartos at work instead of tanks due to leakage, etc... Would this work?

Hi and welcome,

Take a peek here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/63825-reverse-taryn-spin-drain-carto.html

Best of luck
I

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
What kind of cartos are these??

My guess is that you'll have to compromise - because they won't just "dry out" from being open - PG and VG don't evaporate like water...
But you might be able to add some higher nic liquid to them, and certainly could refill a 0-nic cart with nic liquid...
Or punch holes in them and sink them in tanks - if you use carto-tanks and they're metal ones.

Glad the surgery went well.
I've got a plate with fusion in my neck - no trouble since, and it was done like 10 years ago.
:)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
No it won't really evaporate. Best bet is just to vape it dry. It will still taste like ry4, even after it's mostly used up. Way back when I used to boil cartos and it works to some degree. They won't be like new tho.

To boil.

Boil, drain repeat until the water is clear and the cartos no longer smell.
Dry in 200 degree oven for about an hour, then turn off the oven and let them finish drying as the oven cools. Might leave them overnight.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

^^^ That. Once spun out, some places carry a syringe with a rubber tip on it that fits a carto and allows you to force water in and out of a carto as well. Then you let them dry a good long time. I think smoktek.com carries it under "carto cleaner".

You can't just leave them sit to dry out "as-is" or the flavorings can crust onto the filler and coil and then reusing them won't be all that pleasant.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
^^^ That. Once spun out, some places carry a syringe with a rubber tip on it that fits a carto and allows you to force water in and out of a carto as well. Then you let them dry a good long time. I think smoktek.com carries it under "carto cleaner".

You can't just leave them sit to dry out "as-is" or the flavorings can crust onto the filler and coil and then reusing them won't be all that pleasant.

A baby medicine syringe from wallmart actually fits a carto perfectly to flush it.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
Several years ago I used the prefilled cartos. To save on cost at the time we boiled the cartos 3 times changing the water each time, then used paper towels twisted and stuck in the openings to absorb as much of the water as possible. Then we baked them in a 250 oven for about thirty minutes and left them overnight. It does actually work but you can't do it but once or twice and will have some failures. Needless to say as soon as clearos came out I bought a bunch.

Taranolo

Jan 28, 2015
Mn
Thanks all. I will probably just do as some suggested, add high nic. I mostly use clearos but I like the good old cartos for convenience and the size. The more I fuss and try new hardware, new juice, etcetera, the more I get disappointed. If I go back to basics and use my Volt cigalikes with their original RY4, either in the clearos or the cartos, I am the most satisfied.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yep, that's the one. You can squeeze the carto right into the cone and draw hot water right thru the carto, then pump it back thru...and repeat.

Haha. I still got mine in the package. Right after I got it they finally lowered prices. I think they were charging to Not put on the label ( SS), and then more for punched holes. $2.50 and up for just 1 carto!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread