Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
My dna 200 mod coming in today, was wondering someone could point me towards the right direction on what to do next once receiving the mod :thumb::)
Download escribe: http://www.evolvapor.com/software/SetupES.exe

Check out the escribe tutorial if you need help: http://www.evolvapor.com/guide/story.html

Its pretty self explanatory software, I skipped the boring training course stuff after watching it for a couple minutes. You'll want to customize the profiles for any wire types you want to try (download csv for different wire types from steam-engine), and/or adjust the preheat wattage of the profiles (200W by default is a bit overkill for me). If you want 200W for kanthal, you'll need to adjust the kanthal max power. Its all pretty easy to do, once I got mine setup with the wires I wanted, I haven't needed to use escribe again.

What mod did you get? Some also need adjustments in escribe for the battery Watt hours, and mod resistance.

Reactions: yovengo

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
My DNA 200 mod coming in today, was wondering someone could point me towards the right direction on what to do next once receiving the mod :thumb::)
hook it up to EScribe and update the firmware if it already isn't and check out the Escribe tutorial while your waiting.
My Grandmother was slow 'cause she was old, must be my problem too.

yovengo

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2014
Houston,TX,USA
Download escribe: http://www.evolvapor.com/software/SetupES.exe

Check out the escribe tutorial if you need help: http://www.evolvapor.com/guide/story.html

Its pretty self explanatory software, I skipped the boring training course stuff after watching it for a couple minutes. You'll want to customize the profiles for any wire types you want to try (download csv for different wire types from steam-engine), and/or adjust the preheat wattage of the profiles (200W by default is a bit overkill for me). If you want 200W for kanthal, you'll need to adjust the kanthal max power. Its all pretty easy to do, once I got mine setup with the wires I wanted, I haven't needed to use escribe again.

What mod did you get? Some also need adjustments in escribe for the battery Watt hours, and mod resistance.
thank you very much! And I got the lavabox, I'm anxious lol

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
thank you very much! And I got the lavabox, I'm anxious lol
Cool, I liked the looks of that one, just took too long to come out, already had 3 DNA200 mods by time it launched, and allegedly I don't need anymore (according to my wife). Not sure if that one needs adjusting out of the box for Watt hours, or mod resistance, but the Watt hours should be 10 W/h for that one, I would assume they set it, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

Reactions: vapealone

yovengo

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2014
Houston,TX,USA
Cool, I liked the looks of that one, just took too long to come out, already had 3 DNA200 mods by time it launched, and allegedly I don't need anymore (according to my wife). Not sure if that one needs adjusting out of the box for Watt hours, or mod resistance, but the Watt hours should be 10 W/h for that one, I would assume they set it, but it doesn't hurt to double check.
Damn 3? Lol I'll probably get the 'Reuleaux' and that's it lol

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
The main things it to do: connect to Escribe update the fw, check the battery Wh are correct, increase the max Kanthal watts if required, choose between "max puffs" and "max recharges" battery options, maybe set the charge screen brightness above 0% and put USB current in one of the custom fields so you can see if you have used a 1 A USB supply to charge.

*had not seen the other replies b4 posting

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Damn 3? Lol I'll probably get the 'Reuleaux' and that's it lol
Yeah, I sold most my other regulated mods to justify it slightly. I only planned on two (so I could use one while the other charges), ordered a VS200 during the labor day sale, and while I was waiting for it to ship I got impatient and ordered a flawless DNA200 when they launched, but then I noticed an evolv reference mod in the classies for cheap, so I nabbed it up as well.

Turns out of the 3 I find myself using the evolv reference mod the most just because I don't feel bad about beating it up a little (no paint to scratch, and it was the cheapest).

yovengo

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2014
Houston,TX,USA
Yeah, I sold most my other regulated mods to justify it slightly. I only planned on two (so I could use one while the other charges), ordered a VS200 during the labor day sale, and while I was waiting for it to ship I got impatient and ordered a flawless DNA200 when they launched, but then I noticed an evolv reference mod in the classies for cheap, so I nabbed it up as well.

Turns out of the 3 I find myself using the evolv reference mod the most just because I don't feel bad about beating it up a little (no paint to scratch, and it was the cheapest).
Wow lol just had to get them! I wanted the flawless one but sold out before i knew they released them, how is it? & isn't the evolve mod 3d printed or?

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Wow lol just had to get them! I wanted the flawless one but sold out before i knew they released them, how is it? & isn't the evolve mod 3d printed or?
The flawless dna200 has been solid, paint has been holding up well thus far, in jeans, slacks, backpack whatever, battery life is pretty good, fullymax 1200mah 30C 3S lipo. The evolv one is a custom CNC aluminum box they made, has a fullymax 900mah 3S lipo, VS used the same one in the VS200, and I'm guessing its what volcano used as well. People have come up with 3D printed versions of it, but the one from evolv is machined from aluminum.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
AwzlT9u.jpg

yovengo

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2014
Houston,TX,USA
The flawless dna200 has been solid, paint has been holding up well thus far, in jeans, slacks, backpack whatever, battery life is pretty good, fullymax 1200mah 30C 3S lipo. The evolv one is a custom CNC aluminum box they made, has a fullymax 900mah 3S lipo, VS used the same one in the VS200, and I'm guessing its what volcano used as well. People have come up with 3D printed versions of it, but the one from evolv is machined from aluminum.
Wow is it like the one that militia mods make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread