Charger green light always on? No battery in

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennydotz

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
West Virginia, USA
I just got a 901 (Smokelessshop--good shopping experience). Katy's letter says batteries are charged. Tried 1 battery, works great. Tried the 2nd battery, nothing. Just figured only one battery was charged, no biggee, so I put it on the wall charger. The battery tip flashed and the green light went on immediately on the charger as if the battery was charged. I unscrewed the battery and the charger green light stayed on. I unplugged the charger, plugged it back in and the green light was still on, even with no battery in it.

When I put that battery in the USB charger, it was a constant blue light, as if charged, right? But this battery does nothing on the e-cig. I put a 3rd battery on the USB charger and it's showing a red light with blue blips--is that the normal charging signal for an uncharged battery?

Before I contact Katy, do you think its a bad battery or is there something I could do to make it work since it seems to be holding a charge, but the contact is bad? But then the charger green light didn't on til I put that battery in it, then it stayed green all the time--even with battery removed. Could a possessed battery kill a charger?

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
For sure that's a dead battery. The charger will show green when plugged in with no battery. I think that's the case with every e-cig type, no worries there, but that one battery is definitely deceased.

I just got a 901 (Smokelessshop--good shopping experience). Katy's letter says batteries are charged. Tried 1 battery, works great. Tried the 2nd battery, nothing. Just figured only one battery was charged, no biggee, so I put it on the wall charger. The battery tip flashed and the green light went on immediately on the charger as if the battery was charged. I unscrewed the battery and the charger green light stayed on. I unplugged the charger, plugged it back in and the green light was still on, even with no battery in it.

When I put that battery in the USB charger, it was a constant blue light, as if charged, right? But this battery does nothing on the e-cig. I put a 3rd battery on the USB charger and it's showing a red light with blue blips--is that the normal charging signal for an uncharged battery?

Before I contact Katy, do you think its a bad battery or is there something I could do to make it work since it seems to be holding a charge, but the contact is bad? But then the charger green light didn't on til I put that battery in it, then it stayed green all the time--even with battery removed. Could a possessed battery kill a charger?

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
Try blowing thru the fake ash end, the screw it onto your charger THEN plug it in.

Disregard the green led on the charger and leave the battery in the charger for four hours (check it after about 10-15 minutes to make sure its not excessively hot - and if it is, remove it and send it back as deffective).

If it vapes ok "now" after the 4hrs, use it for about 20mins then put it back on the charger for an additional hour or so.

Good luck & I personally never pay attention to the leds but rely on common sense, and my batteries in both my different units work great.

VapeOn,
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread