woofpuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Company name
Butterfly's E-Juices​
Date of your initial complaint to the supplier.
7 August 2014​
How did you contact the supplier
Email​
Ticket number (if you were issued one)
-​
General nature of complaint
Shipping​
Briefly describe your problem or issue
I placed an e-juice order on 7/20/2014.

On 7/31/2014 I received a notice that my order was 'awaiting shipment'. The site shipping terms state it may take up to 3 days to ship, so I waited.

Seven days later, on 8/7/2017, I sent an email inquiry as to the hold-up. I received a response the next day that she (the proprietor) had been out the last week due to a death in the family and she tried to contact me but her email didn't get sent. So I waited.

Fourteen days after the original email stating the order was 'awaiting shipment, I sent another inquiry as to why it had not shipped. I received no response.

Assuming my order was not going to be shipped, I submitted a dispute with my credit card company 17 days after it had been marked 'awaiting shipment', and I purchased my e-juice elsewhere. I am awaiting an outcome.​

woofpuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Follow-up:

After disputing the charge with my credit card company I sent a cancellation notice to the company stating that they had not fulfilled the posted terms on their website, terms that they had set for themselves. I told them their lack of communication was unacceptable, and if they attempted to fulfill the order at this point, it would be refused and returned to them.

Four days later I received a notice that my order would be shipped. Within 7 minutes of receiving that email, I notified them that I cancelled the order, reaffirmed that the order was cancelled,, and if they did ship the order, as I stated in my earlier notice, it would be refused and returned to them.

Two days later I received a notice that the order had shipped. I called my credit card company who informed me that I had been issued a credit for the charge, and I was within my right to refuse the order and return it to them. If the order does arrive, I will document the refusal (as I have documented everything in this debacle) and have the postal service send it back.

The lack of communication and the fact that I was all but ignored during this process was very frustrating. If there was a reason for such a delay it should have been communicated either through direct email or the news section on the website. If there was no reason for the delay, then the proprietor has no business posting terms that she cannot fulfill. I've owned a small business and realise that it's not easy and sometimes we fall behind, but it's inexcusable to ignore customers and leave them guessing. Even if one is a sole proprietor and in the hospital, get a friend to check your email and let people know something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread