hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back for another review. Today I will be taking a look at the BP Mods Warhammer mod that was sent to me by Sourcemore in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. I am not exactly sure what it is about this mod that has had my attention for quite a while now. I do know that I’ve been wanting to try one for some time and was very happy when Sourcemore offered it for review. The Warhammer uses a single 18650 battery and has only a maximum output of 60 watts. It offers multiple modes of operation and has a .91” monochrome TFT display. One thing that stands out to me on this one is that it has a C frame design for battery loading that I very much like. I guess it just kind of reminds me of a classic type box mod.

QDOwL1Q.jpeg

N8BNyd8.jpeg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* BP Mods Warhammer Single 18650 Box Mod
    1* Type-C Cable

8xiq8zb.jpeg

SPECIFICATIONS:

BrandBP Mods
    Product NameWarhammer Single 18650 Box Mod
    Battery TypeSupports single external 18650 battery(not included)
    Power Range5-60W
    Power Adjustment Accuracy0.1W
    Charging5V/2A USB Type-C charging
    FunctionPower/Voltage/Bypass/Boost Level/Temperature Control(NI/TI/SS/NIFE48/NIFE30)/Screen Brightness Adjustment/Screen Timeout Adjustment
    Screen0.91 inch monochrome TFT
    Atomizer Diameter Compatible≤24mm
    Dimensions79.6*40*24mm
    Body MaterialZinc alloy
    510 Platform MaterialSS+Copper
    Buttons and Battery Cover MaterialABS+PC
    ColorBlack, White, Brown, Blue, Orange, Green, Purple, Pink

JKzajxN.jpeg

FEATURES:

1. Compact, user-friendly, and cost-effective

2. Single external 18650 battery with 60W max

3. Adopts 5V/2A USB Type-C charging

4. Adopts 0.91 inch monochrome TFT screen

5. Designed with classic three output modes

6. Multiple functions: Power/Voltage/Bypass/Boost Level/TC/Screen Brightness & Timeout Adjustment

7. Compatible with atomizer ≤24mm diameter

OjVPqAd.jpeg

q6r2Ljq.jpeg

rq1frYo.jpeg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Warhammer is familiar to me since I used to review directly for Dovpo/ BP Mods and reviewed several different BP Mods devices and tanks. The orange box with the sleeve over the top has the Warhammer name in black with an orange background. There are two war hammers outlined in orange forming an X shape in the background. The back side of the outer sleeve has the Warhammer name again with a contents list and lets you know that it is a single 18650 mod. There is also a list of the different colors available with the one contained inside having a check mark in the box. As you can see, I received the Bushido black version. There is also a scratch off authenticity code.

1709401188240.png

1709401208949.png

Once the outer sleeve and box top are removed, the mod and charging cable can be seen along with the user manual. That’s it for this one. That’s all there is to the kit.
    1709401257927.png

The 510 plate on top is large enough to fit a 24mm tank without overhang. The top plate is held in place by two torx head screws and has the usual spring loaded 510 center pin that is plated. Keep in mind that this is a very small mod so being able to fit up to 24mm atomizers is really pretty good.

1709401302786.png

As I mentioned earlier, the Warhammer uses a C frame style of battery loading. The battery cover has some really strong magnets with two on each side of the cover. One thing that I thought that was odd is that the battery cover is flexible and almost feels like cheap plastic when removed but once it’s on the mod then it is solid and feels nice in the hand. The battery polarity is clearly marked inside the mod with the top contact being spring loaded.

1709401340805.png

The battery cover, fire button, and adjustment buttons all have a nice hammered texture. The body is curved to fit the hand nicely. I thought at first that I might find the side fire button awkward but quickly realized that I could hold and fire it much like I do my beloved Abyss mod that also has a side fire button. The Warhammer is thinner than the Abyss but I can still hold it comfortably while using my thumb to activate the fire button. The USB-C charging port is located near the bottom of the mod under the adjustment buttons. Although it’s always recommended to charge batteries in an external charger, the Warhammer does offer a charging rate of 5V/ 2A which is pretty good in my opinion.

The .91” monochrome display shows the following information.

• Output voltage
    • Coil resistance
    • Set wattage
    • Battery level indicator
    The button/ menu operation is fairly simple but is operated as follows.

• Press the fire button 5X to turn the device on/off
    • Press the + and – buttons to lock the adjustments
    • Press the fire button 3X to enter the menu where you can choose from Voltage, Bypass, Temp, and System
    1709401389378.png

1709401408481.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

As I mentioned in the beginning, the BP Mods Warhammer caught my attention almost as soon as I first saw it online. I don’t know if it’s the size or the appearance or maybe both. I’ve really enjoyed testing the Warhammer. For such a small 18650 device it’s nice that it can fit a 24mm tank. The side fire button is comfortable to use in my opinion and I really like the texturing on the battery cover and buttons.

Of course with any 18650 mod, you aren’t going to get really long battery life with higher wattage settings. The Warhammer has a maximum output of 60 watts so to me it is better suited for MTL tanks or medium range coils for a better battery life. I just happened to get a couple of MTL tanks right around the same time that I received the Warhammer so it was the perfect opportunity to test both at the same time. I ran that tank at 18 watts and felt like I got really great battery life.

In the days of many mods having color displays, I was a little surprised that the Warhammer had a monochrome display. To me it gives a feeling of an old school mod which brings back memories of mods past. This isn’t the first Dovpo/ BP Mods mod that I felt gave and old school feeling and am starting to think that this might be a trademark of their designs. Although giving the feeling of a classic mod, it still provides the user with a full range of features while being one of the smallest 18650 mods that I have used. I think it could easily be pocket carried with the right tank.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore for sending the BP Mods Warhammer for this review. I have a coupon code below in case you’d like to try one yourself. Thanks also to you the readers. Below is a link to the website for your viewing pleasure.

BMWS = $29.19 - BP Mods Warhammer Single 18650 Box Mod

BP Mods Warhammer Single 18650 Box Mod 60W (sourcemore.com)
    1709401451997.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good read, thank you. I'm tempted to get one for the naughty 3. Sucker for a C frame, have a couple tributes in rotation atm.
    Thanks. I really like the Tribute as well and also have two in rotation. The warhammer is a pretty small mod. I like the side button placement.

Reactions: Letitia

Users who are viewing this thread