Not open for further replies.

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
Company name
Bogger Box​
Date of your initial complaint to the supplier.
21 May 2013​
How did you contact the supplier
Email​
Ticket number (if you were issued one)
-​
General nature of complaint
Customer service​
Briefly describe your problem or issue
4/30 -- Ordered Web site states 3 - 4 weeks build time.5/21 -- Status request
5/21 -- Response Was told it was ready to ship, and I should expect the shipping notice the next day.
6/5 -- Status request
6/5 -- Response I was told that it would was needed final sanding and I should receive shipping notice the next morning. I was told that the delay was caused by the wood I chose needing extra coats of finish. The problem was that the wood that was mentioned was not even the wood I ordered.
6/10 -- Shipped (overnight due to going on vacation on 6/12)
6/11 -- Received the Bogger Box. When I first got it, I noticed three finger prints from where the box had been handled with the lacquer still being wet. I also found an area on the back where the box was tilted when it was sanded, resulting in a line where the actual bend was. In addition, there were marks on the bottom back from the sandpaper. I do not feel that this is exemplary workmanship.
6/25 -- Returned due to going into stealth mode/locked mode and being unable to get it out. The Bogger Box functioned well from 6/11 until 6/23. This is 12 days.
6/28 -- Received an email saying that the problem could not be duplicated. As far as the "blemishes" found, the modder would agree to refinish the box and return it the next day.
7/5 -- Emailed requesting status. Informed that it had shipped 3 days ago.
7/6 -- Received (No shipping notification received.) At this time, the bogger box functioned for about 4 minutes before it locked up again. I did further testing on the box, and determined that the DNA20D chip would go into lock mode rather than sleep mode as it is supposed to do. I also determined that I could release it from locked mode by removing the battery for at least one hour. Upon reinserting the battery, it would work until left idle for 4 minutes.
7/8 -- Requested new RMA. Based on information I gathered from dna 20 forum, he agreed to replace the circuit board.
7/9 -- Shipped bogger box to Marcus. No notification as to him having received it.
7/22 -- Requested status.
7/25 -- Requested status. Still no word on last request.
7/26 -- Received email from Marcus. He has gotten the chip to fail and has replaced the chip and tested the new one. It will be shipped it back to me in a few days.
8/1 -- Requested status.
8/5 -- Requested status.
8/6 -- Received email from Marcus. I was informed that they will ship it back out the next day and I would receive a tracking number for it.
8/8 -- Have not received a tracking number. Sent email.
8/9 -- Have not received a tracking number. Sent email requesting status.
8/10 -- Received Bogger Box in mail. No tracking number, no notice.

In general, I feel that it is extremely poor service to not respond to my repeated requests for status. I feel it is poor service that I even had to request status, let alone have my requests ignored. This modder (Marcus) does not respond to PM's from the forum, posts on the Bogger Box forum, nor phone calls using the contact number from his web site. In the beginning, he responded (to emails) right away. As this issue continued, the resulting attempts to contact him went unanswered. I am not the only one that is being treated in this fashion, as a quick perusal of the bogger box thread in this forum depicts. It appears that this is now becoming the normal mode of operation for this vendor. This is for a $200 mod that was paid for on April 31.

As far as what I would like to see happen? I do not know. I would feel better with a full refund, but that will not alleviate my concerns with this vendor. I do know that I had to purchase an additional mod (from another vendor) while waiting for this mod to be repaired the first time. I feel that I have thrown away the $200 that I spent on this mod, as I will never feel right ever sending it back for repair, should the need arise in the future. I cannot recommend this vendor to anyone that is wanting to purchase a mod. To me, this is not the way to run a business, if you want to gain and retain customers. This also reflects poorly on the vendor approval body of this forum that they allow this type of blatant disregard for the customer to exist.

malkuth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Gray, TN, USA
Adding additional information.

8/26 -- Bogger box failed again. This time, the spring collapsed, and smoke was seen coming out of the area where the chip is. In addition, the area where the chip is got real hot through the box. With the return on 6/25, I told Marcus that there was juice in the box and that I could see gaps in the epoxy around the atty connector. His report was that he saw no problem.

JonGio

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Not allowed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread