Status
Not open for further replies.

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
I have the rn4072 atty..

its been used for double mint..

I want to vape my new pepsi flavor, but the atty wont let me have the fresh taste of pepsi, it masks the taste of my pepsi..

ive blown out the atty, let it sit for a few days, but it still taste like mint..

would it be safe to run said atty under hot water to rinse the old flavor out? let the atty dry for a while and then try it again w/ my pepsi?
or will that harm the atty? or should i only do that when my atty begins to die on me?

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
pga or vodka? you can use hot water if not and blow it out after you let it soak a little while. water will not hurt the atty. but it needs to be very dry before you use again.
you can use a blow dryer to quicken the drying. or let dry overnite.
prime with 4 or 5 drops of liquid and vape whatever you want.

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
When I first started with my RN4072, I cleaned with water all the time. I would boil water and using the tube of my turkey baster, would slowly pour it through the atomizer. Then I'd let it drain/dry overnight, prime it with a few drops of liquid and vape away.

But I have not used water in quite some time. I use PGA now. I do this using a syringe (without the needle). I hold the atomizer in my fingers, pour in about 1ml and shake it about. I let it drain out & repeat until it runs clear. It will basically dry, immediately. Then I prime with a few drops of liquid and can immediately vape away.

Admittedly, it does take a very brief period of time to vape off all the taste of the alcohol, but nothing works better to remove stuck-on flavors.

The other thing I have found that can be almost as effective at removing strong flavors is straight VG liquid. Drip a few drops directly on the atty - vape it off and many flavors can be removed.

Hope this helps.
Bobbi

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
I can help. First, let me ask ... Do you have any PGA (Pure Grain Alocohol) ??

I hope i asked this in the right place? i figured i bought it from mypv, so figured you guys could better tell me eh?

i have regular rubbing alcohol, i think 70 percent? and then i have lots good ole liquor in the kitchen lol..as in vodka, etc?

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
pga or vodka? you can use hot water if not and blow it out after you let it soak a little while. water will not hurt the atty. but it needs to be very dry before you use again.
you can use a blow dryer to quicken the drying. or let dry overnite.
prime with 4 or 5 drops of liquid and vape whatever you want.

i have vodka...:D yes yes:D

thank u

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
When I first started with my RN4072, I cleaned with water all the time. I would boil water and using the tube of my turkey baster, would slowly pour it through the atomizer. Then I'd let it drain/dry overnight, prime it with a few drops of liquid and vape away.

But I have not used water in quite some time. I use PGA now. I do this using a syringe (without the needle). I hold the atomizer in my fingers, pour in about 1ml and shake it about. I let it drain out & repeat until it runs clear. It will basically dry, immediately. Then I prime with a few drops of liquid and can immediately vape away.

Admittedly, it does take a very brief period of time to vape off all the taste of the alcohol, but nothing works better to remove stuck-on flavors.

The other thing I have found that can be almost as effective at removing strong flavors is straight VG liquid. Drip a few drops directly on the atty - vape it off and many flavors can be removed.

Hope this helps.
Bobbi

pga? I dont know that acronym:confused: but i do have vg, vegatable glycerene that i bought from wallmart..

thank u so much

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
oh i have 4 atty's i bought a 5 pack..

i just didnt want to break out a new atty to use..

im from the old school, use it til ya loose it ? lol

but , you have a point there about using 1 atty for mint only..

eta, bobbie, i want to say that im very happy with my new order that i recently got in the mail..

very quick service, and im so happy i have mypvshop as my supplier..

i know i cant trust you guys at mypvshop..

wonderful service, great customer support..

thanks everyone for the heads up

mypvshop rocks my broomstick!!!!!!!!!!!!

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
pga? I dont know that acronym:confused: but i do have vg, vegatable glycerene that i bought from wallmart..

thank u so much

PGA = Pure Grain Alcohol such as Everclear. But Everclear is not available in all states. I can't get it down here in Southern FL. (but I did bring some home from IN last time I visited). If you cannot get Everclear, which is 190 proof, you should be able to find a generic PGA that is 151 proof. It works just as well.

Bobbi

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL
oh i have 4 atty's i bought a 5 pack..

i just didnt want to break out a new atty to use..

im from the old school, use it til ya loose it ? lol

but , you have a point there about using 1 atty for mint only..

QUOTE]

You know, I went to that same school. Back when I was trying to develop a fondness for the 510, I tried the "separate atty for strong flavors" method. But it didn't work for me. I suppose that if I owned 3 or 4 different colors, I could do it. But I had trouble remembering what was what.

My work-around is to always have multiple PV's in use. Here's my current line-up ...

White RN4072 - Coffee (this never changes)
Stainless RN4072 - Clove
Maroon RN4072 - Assorted 'Flavor of the Day' (today is Chocolate/Cream)
Black e-Cigar - DIY Black Cherry liquid
Brown e-Cigar - Tobacco / Menthol Mix

I really enjoy being able to switch flavors - depending on the mood of the moment. And this is what works for me.

farrar01

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Washingtax State
here is what I do and it works just fine.

1. Rinse atty under tap water.
2. blow out with paper napkin at one end to better absorb the water.
3. Dry burn your atty until the Stank or mint is gone.
4. repeat steps 1 and 2.
5. Prime and enjoy.

Wont dry burning the atty burn it out?? I have seen countless warnings on this forum...

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
what happens when too much air is passing through the atty? like for example, you take a pull and the LED doesnt light up until you suck really hard, and you can hear and feel air sucking through, almost like it's not catching....does that mean the atty needs to be cleaned? i've checked to make sure the atty is screwed on tight, but still no luck.

tbl35

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2009
NPR - FL
Junior, try cleaning all the threads and connections on the atty & battery. I just use a q-tip or a soft cloth. You'll be amazed at all the buildup even from a few uses, and that can make the battery not function as well as it should.

I personally have a "regular" (usually some type of coffee!) atty, a mint atty and a fruit atty going at any one time. I have little stick on jewels that are for decorating your cell phone that I use to mark the different ones.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Junior, try cleaning all the threads and connections on the atty & battery. I just use a q-tip or a soft cloth. You'll be amazed at all the buildup even from a few uses, and that can make the battery not function as well as it should.

I personally have a "regular" (usually some type of coffee!) atty, a mint atty and a fruit atty going at any one time. I have little stick on jewels that are for decorating your cell phone that I use to mark the different ones.

Nice, great idea. thanks for the help and I dont mean to hijack the thread, i just thought it was someone similar to that issue. The new atty's i received also had some white pieces of string inside them. Almost looked like small pieces of dental floss. I think that might be to maintain moisture near the wick bridge, or it could just be manufacturing debree from building the atty. ANyway, i removed it from 1 of 4 and it burned fine, but i left the white floss looking stuff in the other 3. I will take your cleaning measures seriously and do them tonight. I just dont know why i feel so much air passing through when I suck/pull on the cart. It makes a small whisle and i feel i'm not getting any vape, which i'm not. This only happens on 1 or 2 of the 4 attys. I'm starting to think either the atty is dirty as brand new and needs to be cleaned or maybe a true break in process is needed. Keep in mind i am juicin up the atty in advance to keep it moist. weird

BobbiBilbo

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Stuart, FL

Me, I'm too lazy to swap attys around. I just pack multiple complete PV's.

PGA = Pure Grain Alcohol such as Everclear. But Everclear is not available in all states. I can't get it down here in Southern FL. (but I did bring some home from IN last time I visited). If you cannot get Everclear, which is 190 proof, you should be able to find a generic PGA that is 151 proof. It works just as well.

Bobbi

The ban on Everclear may be a city or county thing. I can get it up in Jacksonville and Jacksonville Beaches area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread