Aspire Speeder issue. can't RMA. DIY fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hi all . Weeks ago I received a brand new Aspire speeder, worked well and enjoyed it for 3-4 days then started doing the misfiring/rebooting, screen blinking issue. I started the RMA process through the online vendor, made a demo video,etc, but unfortunately when the employee told me to provide the security code I used a dime and scratched off the number completely from the box. A week or so later he told me nothing can be done without that code. So essentially I'm stuck with it. The employee said he thinks the issue was specific to that batch of Speeders.

I remember many DIY tutorials to fix the RX 2/3 "check atomizer problem", I'm curious if there's a similar guide for the Speeder? My best guess is it's a wiring issue. I'm not bad at soldering I would just like a guide. Anything out there?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If the vendor seems to think it is specific to "this batch" of speeders, then he should have your code, frankly.

I don't own the mod, so I can't be of much help there, mostly what I've heard about the speeder is that it is reliable. Hopefully someone will be along with a solution? I also don't understand why if you have a receipt of purchase why they wouldn't honor that, as well. I think the likelihood of you maliciously trying to return a clone for an original is fairly low, honestly. But, I'm not sure what the TOS are with that particular vendor, so it may be something you can't pursue...

Good luck,

Anna

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Thanks stols001. I might have fixed it, a long time skype friend who is quite good with hardware told me to not only clean the 510 and battery contacts with q tip and rubbing alcohol but also use air duster and go over the whole thing. Quite a bit of juice came out of the creases near the 510, and 6 hours later the mod is working great. Time will tell. Trick is to not let juice get in there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread