Status
Not open for further replies.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
Has there been any news released about plans for new Provari models? I didn't see any VV/VW models on their website. Does anyone know if there are plans to make one and if so, any projected release dates?

NM...found the other thread.

They're all VV, thus the name. No word on anything new, other than different colors.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I don't think provape can do anything more with 'vari except add ego cone threading or offering beauty rings or longer end caps (e.g 18650 in a mini) unless they change the guts of the thing. And unless I'm missing some inside info, I really don't see that happening this year.

Maybe there are no practical/economical military-grade chipsets out there that offer the features we are seeing with new mods. I'm no engineer though, I just stayed at a Holiday Inn once

RHP

Tommy Aces

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Connecticut
I don't think provape can do anything more with 'vari except add ego cone threading or offering beauty rings or longer end caps (e.g 18650 in a mini) unless they change the guts of the thing. And unless I'm missing some inside info, I really don't see that happening this year.

Maybe there are no practical/economical military-grade chipsets out there that offer the features we are seeing with new mods. I'm no engineer though, I just stayed at a Holiday Inn once

RHP

They're not going to add eGo threading. First, it would weaken what has got to be the most solid 510 connection there is. With eGo threading, you'd lose the solid drip well that is up around the 510, thus making it less stable and more prone to breaking. Second, seriously, how many devices other than baby clearos use eGo threading? Other than eVod/T3MT3s/PTMini and Stardust style clearos, there is really nothing else you could put on top to make use of them. If you really want to use those on a ProVari, you can get a $3 adapter.

If they release a ProVari that's only available with eGo threading on the top cap, I will not be buying one.

As far as changing the chipset, I agree. That's not changing anytime soon. First, ProVaris are still selling like crazy as it is. Second, I'm pretty sure a big time vendor like ProVape is smart enough to wait to see what kind of regulation comes down the pike before investing significant $$$ in producing a new product. I'm sure eye been playing with some new features, but its probably only in a small scale R&D or prototype stage.

And when it comes to VW, seriously, I've been there, done that. I had to play with wattage just as much as I do with my voltage setting. Depending on the particular carto/clearo, coil, juice, and resistance, they all perform differently at different wattage settings. It really isn't all its cracked up to be, especially on devices that you can only adjust in 0.5 watt increments. At that point, VV is more precise as well.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
They're not going to add eGo threading. First, it would weaken what has got to be the most solid 510 connection there is. With eGo threading, you'd lose the solid drip well that is up around the 510, thus making it less stable and more prone to breaking. Second, seriously, how many devices other than baby clearos use eGo threading? Other than eVod/T3MT3s/PTMini and Stardust style clearos, there is really nothing else you could put on top to make use of them. If you really want to use those on a ProVari, you can get a $3 adapter.

If they release a ProVari that's only available with eGo threading on the top cap, I will not be buying one.

As far as changing the chipset, I agree. That's not changing anytime soon. First, ProVaris are still selling like crazy as it is. Second, I'm pretty sure a big time vendor like ProVape is smart enough to wait to see what kind of regulation comes down the pike before investing significant $$$ in producing a new product. I'm sure eye been playing with some new features, but its probably only in a small scale R&D or prototype stage.

And when it comes to VW, seriously, I've been there, done that. I had to play with wattage just as much as I do with my voltage setting. Depending on the particular carto/clearo, coil, juice, and resistance, they all perform differently at different wattage settings. It really isn't all its cracked up to be, especially on devices that you can only adjust in 0.5 watt increments. At that point, VV is more precise as well.

Ok point taken, snoopy. Merely small cosmetic changes like adding ego cone threading for our clearo brothers and sisters cant be any crazier idea than creating a passthrough, seriously what were they thinking? :facepalm: and I refuse to dismiss VW as a fad or gimmic simply because I can't wattage my ProWari with a click.

I loved my Innokin SVD until it acted wonky on me after a month of light use (which planted a seed of doubt in my head) so I went back to my 'varis (which have not let me down in 11 months) so I conceeded the lack of VW. So I'm not a "VW 4 lyfe" vaper, either. But that doesn't mean VW SUCKS, or doesn't have its place in the future!

Its advantage lay in swapping out different res delivery devices, without adjustments. "set it and forget it" But learning what voltage or wattage to set things to is another story and a right of passage for newbies anyway, regardless of VW/VV so I don't know what that has to do with anything?

ETA: Only thing I agree with you on is about Provape waiting to see what happens with pending regulations. That must have any business in the community let alone the folks depending on it biting their nails.

See also: CASAA.

RHP

Last edited:

MrSelf Destruct

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Cobra Island
4 days in and the second thread this month about a possible new Provari.
Surely if a new Provari gets released it will be on national news..........................
No disrespect to the OP but wouldnt it be simpler just to read the other thread.

No disrespect to this poster but wouldn't it be simpler to just read my entire post and you would see that I found the other thread? In case you are wondering that is the 'last edited by' and the 'NM...I found the other thread'.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Provape had at one time Pro Wraps from J-Wraps on their site. I see they are now offering the Tatroe Base and Provari Rings (battery extension sleeve) which can be used to jump one size up in battery size and serve as a nice base to better balance your Provari if using a top-heavy juice delivery device like an RBA. They may offer a top cone beauty ring at some point, too, but I am not privy to that information. If you are into clearos, there are several clearomizer options that use a 510 connection in their base. The Kanger Protank and the Innokin iClear 30 come to mind, as well as the Vivi Nova.

Tatroe base and extension rings on Mini Provari. Pro Rings (beauty rings) on both.

_____

Here's an interesting interview with the Provape team by Spinfuel Magazine: The ProVape Team InterviewThe ProVape Team Interview

Recently found another one which I copy/pasted:
_______

Escape the Analog: The Provape Interview

Recently, ETA had the opportunity to conduct an interview with one of the most well known companies in the electronic cigarette industry. Provape, makers of the Provari, were kind enough to take some time out of their day to answer some questions for us:

1) How was Provape started?

• ProVape was started because we were not happy with the Chinese devices that we had tried and even some American made devices. We went through all the same problems that most people have with lack of vapor, quality and battery life. We were frustrated with all we had tried then they fell apart 4 weeks later and needed to be replaced.

We wanted to design and develop a better quality device that solved these issues.

2) Recently with such devices as the smoktech Vmax, the Varistack, and the L Rider models of Variable voltage devices being manufactured, does Provape feel the need to be more innovative with the Provari, or do you feel the Provari has become an industry standard by which other devices will be weighed?

• ProVape is always innovating new ideas and improving its current products. There are all kinds of new technology being worked on by our team and were excited to keep innovating. We feel that even though these devices have hit the market, they still don’t compare to the quality and feature set that the ProVari offers!

3) As we have seen with other devices and accessories, China has become very skilled at producing reproductions of U.S. made devices and acessories. Does Provari anticipate that China will do the same thing with the Provari? how should a company handle such a thing?

• It’s possible, but China is known for having poor quality production. So while they may try to copy us, we have very solid electronics built to military standards and with all the details that went into the design, it would be very difficult for them to copy everything, including our quality standards and service.

People buy the ProVari for its high quality, feature set, dependability and knowing that it is made in America by a reputable company with excellent support. Beyond the initial sale, Provape stands by its products and customer service. These days, that is rare to find and this adds a lot of value to buying a ProVari.

4) With the advent of Variable Voltage, many devices that use just 3.7 volts have begun to shrink in popularity. do you see a time when the variable voltage device will become the device of choice for the newcomer to vaping?

• I think it’s already happening.

5) There have been Provari owners who have modified the look of their devices, have you seen any that were particularly impressive?

• We think they are all great! There have been some very creative ones that we have seen, I just can’t think of one in particular that stands out.

6) If you could choose just one quality that best describes the Provari, what would it be?

• Dependable

7) What does Provape think about tobacco companies entering the world of vaping, for example, the purchase of BLU ecigarettes by Lorillard?

• It’s a little early to tell how this will affect the market but generally we think it’s a good thing and will help support and keep vaping around for many years to come.

Last edited:

Kycap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
UK
No disrespect to this poster but wouldn't it be simpler to just read my entire post and you would see that I found the other thread? In case you are wondering that is the 'last edited by' and the 'NM...I found the other thread'.

I did read the entire post and your edit was not there when i posted, maybe a hiccup or maybe the time diff from across the pond. nevermind its all sorted now.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Again, still doesn't have quite the same panache.

Excuse me, but The_Ocelot owns the exclusive rights to that word. :rules:

Why? Because I had to take the time to google the definition, so we all can't pretend we had that word in our vocabulary before that.

Sorry Baditude but you crossed the line and now it will cost you a "like"

That is all, carry on.

RHP

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

Disregard posts like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread