Status
Not open for further replies.

Latif77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2010
San Francisco
Howdy everyone,

I recently started using Gplat rather than kanthal and am wrapping 24 gauge 5 wraps ohm'ing out to ~0.15. I use Ko Gen Doe cotton in my builds.

So my question is around wicking. When using Kanthal and the same build I was right around 0.25 - 0.28 ohms and had no issue with harsh hits and I was able to get most of the juice out of my cotton.

Now with the Gplat, I am getting harsh hits with plenty of juice still in the wick. Im wondering if I need to make a change to my wicking technique to support the lower ohm build. I use enough cotton for a nice snug fit, but not too tight. I leave plenty of room under the coils for air flow. Ive been vaping since 2010 so this isn't my first rodeo, but am new to the low(er) ohm builds. Do i need to add more cotton?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
If you're looking for a quicker ramp up time in your wire with lower ohms check out anarchist wire as well. It's high quality Nichrome 80, but you can also get spools of N80 on Amazon for about $7 for 100ft.
and if you're getting harsh dry hits, it's because the wire heats up super quickly. A 2.5mm or 3mm inner diameter coil will hold plenty of wick and also help with harsh hits. What size bit are you wrapping your coils around now?

Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread