• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Zombie nut here

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
well heres my groups spin on them. the past diseases and science show that a "zombie like state" can be achieved with a "bug/virus". with the way the world is going we can see a terrorist group making said virus and using it as a weapon. with that stated iv got my BOB ready for a survivalist type person. full chem suit,gas mask,machete,flint stone, rope,pup tent and some mre's.and my newest addition to my hunting/weapon is an ar15/m16 military grade. i do have many plans for it but i find a 223 rounds on the light side so carrying rounds wouldnt be to bad. when/if z-day happens ill be with a group of 12 folks and im the only one thats not a class 3 gun guy. the group has a k5 blazer with a high lift and full cage along with normal 4x4 toys.

I found a cheap little solar charger on ebay for $10. Not very powerful, but it charges a Darwin in 8-10 hours. I still havent found anything yet that will charge 16340's or 18650's. I thought at one time I had it worked out, but the charger I have isnt powerful enough. If you find something, please post it up.

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
will do, a good friend of mine is a solar nut. so far half of his house is ran off solar power. one walk in closet is a huge battery set up. he also vapes but he thinks z-day is a joke but i have convinced him to figure out a charger. as soon as we figure out whats needed and where to get all the parts ill be sure to post it up as a vaping fool i am i will need to charge up my batterys :)

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
We have tried to use a crank style light and even with the 12v out it would take hours of cracking to charge up a 18650. We think we might have found a way to use some small solar panels with some chips and a home made board to get the power needed to just plug a charger in and have a some what stable out put to a 110 plug type charger. Will keep yall updated as a hunt for a " sit in the sun and charge as your killing zombies" device that's safe for batterys in a long term device

sportyfortyeight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
dfw,texas,usa
My Pila charger has a cigarette lighter cord. I just plan to plug mine into the car.

I'm trying a make a solar device to use for a power source to charge batterys when the power goes bye bye during vday. I have the pila charger that I am trying to match its needed input for the right out put to safely charge batterys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread