Zlide tank help need please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen Nichols

Jan 9, 2017
I’ve been searching here for ages looking for a relevant thread but haven’t found one, so... a few months ago I switched to zlide tanks and for me they’re great. But I dropped it earlier. The glass is fine but the tank’s kind of come apart and I can’t put it back together. I’m sure there’s a simple way of doing it but I haven’t found it yet and it’s driving me INSANE! Anyone please?

Karen Nichols

Jan 9, 2017
Hi, thanks so much for replying. Hopefully these pics will help. I’m certain that the coil is situated correctly and the base and black ring are seated together as they should be but the base just spins and won’t screw on. It’s not as if it’s fallen onto concrete - just from the bed onto carpet. I can’t work out what’s wrong

Attachments

• 99A08654-1F82-4AF5-AE5B-2A65604C5EC4.jpeg
    99A08654-1F82-4AF5-AE5B-2A65604C5EC4.jpeg
    773.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 54E35B85-E08D-4B3E-9A5F-C288A78A8515.jpeg
    54E35B85-E08D-4B3E-9A5F-C288A78A8515.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 283

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I’m certain that the coil is situated correctly and the base and black ring are seated together as they should be but the base just spins and won’t screw on.

It looks normal to me. Maybe the outside air control ring on the bottom is loose and spinning? Have you tried taking it off? See if the base (inside part) will screw onto the threads correctly and then try adding the AF ring.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yeah I tried that. With/without ring, with/without coil and every combination thereof. I’ve tried just screwing it on, pushing down while screwing it on... it’s just not making any sense to me at all!

Neither to me. So the threads are not engaging at all? I don't get it.

Karen Nichols

Jan 9, 2017
Neither to me. So the threads are not engaging at all? I don't get it.
Thanks Katya. At least now I know that it’s not something that I’m doing wrong! I think that my only option now is take it all to bits, wash it and put it back together again. Something in there is out of alignment, obviously. Thank god I bought 2 tanks!

Karen Nichols

Jan 9, 2017
Wise decision. Backups are vital in vaping. And it doesn't hurt to have backups for your backups.
I agree - it’s not as though you can buy a new tank in every corner shop in the same way you can buy cigarettes! I do also have a couple of (lousy, messy and leaky) Kangertech tanks but I don’t want to use them again if I can help it, even in an emergency

Reactions: Hawise

Karen Nichols

Jan 9, 2017
929E2E7B-7F67-4771-BFF7-CD143A258B5C.jpeg
Update: I took the tank to bits and washed it but when I tried once more to put it back together, I got the same result as I did before - the damn thing just spins and won’t tighten. So I ordered a new tank and it arrived this morning. I thought that the new tank might help me to diagnose the problem with the old one, so I took the bottom off the new tank and put it on the old one and vice-versa - and they both went on perfectly! Took them off again and put the old bottom with the old tank AND IT SPINS AGAIN!!? How can that even be??? And WHY did I buy the gunmetal one? If I’d have bought black, I could have just swapped them over and left them swapped. These are not real questions, I’m just venting my frustrations and disbelief. I honestly cannot believe what I’m seeing.

Am I on Candid Camera? ‍:mad::(

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I thought that the new tank might help me to diagnose the problem with the old one, so I took the bottom off the new tank and put it on the old one and vice-versa - and they both went on perfectly! Took them off again and put the old bottom with the old tank AND IT SPINS AGAIN!!? How can that even be???

They are under warranty, I presume? Contact your vendor and explain your dilemma. I think they owe you a new tank. This is just too weird--I think your tank is defective. Good luck!

• Agree
Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread