Zirconium wire and springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
its zr 702 adam
Thanks Imeo for the info. I cant really understand all your post on facebook about TPD but it sounds like its going to be though. Just know that will be waiting for your new ideas and improvements and so will the competition LOL. The Armed with the quartz tank is my number 1. I look forward to future GG products. Thanks Adam

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
be well adam.

I said about tpd that it reallt sucks and I dont understand this 6 months waiting before I can release a new product to the market. I have so many ideas and tpd stopped them because of this totally silly and without any reason law.
I can understand your frustration, I know you always have lots of new ideas and it must be hard not to be able to release them to the market. think of it this way you can take your best ideas and improve upon them many times before they are released, it be expensive though. The laws should change to keep innovation moving forward but the law makers have never understood this. I will wait for your next GG and I have lots of time to save money for them LOL

ProngATO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2013
Edmond, OK
Picked up a Dicodes Dani Box and after much testing, values are working really well for me with the Armed and Zirconium wire + springomizer.

Atomizer and setup:
Tilemahos Armed
springomizer option
Zirconium .4 ohm ready-made GG coil/spring
50/50 liquid

Mod and setup:
Dicodes Dani Box
coefficient of 120
22 Watts power
210 degrees C temperature setting
22 Watt power limit
Power boost set to 1
Heater Protection set to 2

The reason I set my power limit to 22 watts (matching my wattage set in the normal menu) is because you can't disable the power boost feature altogether. When the power limit was set at 60 watts, it gave the coil a full 60 watts with the power boost option set to 1, so for the first 300 ms I'd get some popping and crackling instead of a nice smooth vape (which I got after the temperature dropped back down for the remainder of the vape. Matching the values minimizes or completely eliminates the crackling and popping at the beginning of the vape.

With a 50/50 juice I only had to use one full turn of the juice control to keep the wick plenty saturated for TC vaping.

I hope this helps some people trying to figure out values for their TC devices while using the Tilemahos Armed with zirconium wire (the best atomizer in the world at this point, IMO) I'm always on the lookout for others that use this combination so we can attempt to put together a chart of working values that people can try - right out of the box.

-Mark

Yaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Kolimbari, Chania, Crete
Picked up a Dicodes Dani Box and after much testing, values are working really well for me with the Armed and Zirconium wire + springomizer.

Atomizer and setup:
Tilemahos Armed
springomizer option
Zirconium .4 ohm ready-made GG coil/spring
50/50 liquid

Mod and setup:
Dicodes Dani Box
coefficient of 120
22 Watts power
210 degrees C temperature setting
22 Watt power limit
Power boost set to 1
Heater Protection set to 2

The reason I set my power limit to 22 watts (matching my wattage set in the normal menu) is because you can't disable the power boost feature altogether. When the power limit was set at 60 watts, it gave the coil a full 60 watts with the power boost option set to 1, so for the first 300 ms I'd get some popping and crackling instead of a nice smooth vape (which I got after the temperature dropped back down for the remainder of the vape. Matching the values minimizes or completely eliminates the crackling and popping at the beginning of the vape.

With a 50/50 juice I only had to use one full turn of the juice control to keep the wick plenty saturated for TC vaping.

I hope this helps some people trying to figure out values for their TC devices while using the Tilemahos Armed with zirconium wire (the best atomizer in the world at this point, IMO) I'm always on the lookout for others that use this combination so we can attempt to put together a chart of working values that people can try - right out of the box.

-Mark
Hi prong. I had a look at the dani box and because I couldn't wait any longer for dear imeo to come up with VIR, I ordered dani and I am waiting for delivery with much excitement.:cool:

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Hey guys, has anyone used the soft zirconium wire? It has a different resistance than the springy wire but should be easier to make coils. I have some coming in 0.40mm (5.7ohm / meter) and 0.35mm (7.50ohm / meter).

It's been years since I played with anything outside my normal build so I'm not quite sure where to start with it. I will be using it in my TAE when it comes. I'm used to making kanthal microcoils around ~1ohm and since the TAE needs lots of cotton I want to change the diameter to something a bit bigger. Any suggestions using this soft wire?

I do have an atty ohm reader and certainly will play with it, but figured I'd ask here if anyone had suggestions for a nice coil build to use with a mech mod with this soft zirconium wire. Just looking for a good place to start.

Is 1ohm of kanthal the same effect as 1ohm of zirconium?

Not sure if I should have the coils touching, spaced out, what diameter, # of wraps, all that jazz. I know it's a matter of personal preference, I just don't want to waste a bunch of wire making coils that are way off the mark :p so I figured maybe someone might have a simple "start here" type of coil :)

I know Imeo said he uses 0.4mm Zirconium with 7 threads on a 2.5 or 3mm axis, so I might start there but I think that might be for the stiffer zirconium.. so maybe an extra wrap for the soft?

Trying to play catch-up on all this new info!

No worries, though, I can certainly just play around and test my coils, just figured I would ask you folks who are more experienced with this wire.

Thanks guys :)

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
Ok, according to the steam engine coil calculator - using 0.35mm Zirconium around a 3mm bar I would need 17 wraps to get 0.9ohm.... Is that right??

28g/0.32mm Kanthal around a 3mm bar I only need about 5 wraps for that.

Just trying to prep because my soft Zirconium wire is being delivered today.

I have an ohm tester so I will obviously be using that but are the resistances of Zirconium and Kanthal that huge of a difference? I mean, that should actually be good because of more surface area I think, yeah? 19 wraps just seems like an awfully long coil. I will probably end up going down to 0.6ohms (11 wraps) or lower - I'll have to play around and find my perfect vape, no biggie.. just wanted to see what you guys thought when comparing the coil resistance of Zirconium vs Kanthal.

Reactions: imeothanasis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread