Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Zeus SubOhm tank

Hello there,

Today I have the Zeus SubOhm tank for review which was sent to me by GeekVape.

DSC-0222.jpg

It is the newest and fourth tank in the Zeus series and the first one that takes drop-in coils, all other three are RTA’s. Design wise it looks very similar to the Zeus X RTA.

Top airflow, something we rarely see on Sub Ohm tanks especially with drop in coils.

Geekvape advertises this tank as leakproof which a big thing to say in the vaping business, we shall see if it really is.

The tank comes in 7 colors:

colors.png

What you get in the box?

• 1x Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank (Pre-installed: Mesh Z2 Coil 0.2ohm, 70-80W, capacity 5ml)
  • 1x Coil tool
  • 1x Spare glass tube (3.5ml)
  • 1x Promotion card & warranty card
  • 1x Spare parts pack
  • 1x Mesh Z1 coil (0.4ohm, 60-70W)
  • 1x User manual
DSC-0211.jpg

DSC-0214.jpg

DSC-0215.jpg

DSC-0213.jpg

Parameters (from Geekvape website):

Size: 26 x 42.5mm (excluding drip tip
Capacity: 5ml(Spare glass tube 3.5ml)/2ml
Drip tip type: 810 Drip Tip
Filling Method: Top Fill
Mesh Z1 coil 0.4ohm (60-70W)
Mesh Z2 coil 0.2ohm (70-80W)(pre-installed)

Features (from Geekvape website):

- Combination of both direct top airflow and the top-to-bottom airflow creates massive flavor and vapor boost while preserving its leakproof protection element.

- Quick slide coil design allows for quick access coil replacement.

- Mesh coil
Latest Mesh coil utilizes the use of high grade KA1

- Updated fill port design for liquid spillage resistance

Geekvape-Zeus-Subohm-Tank-2ml-5ml-06-24492d.jpg

My thoughts:

Opening the box was a pleasure, the design of this tank is great, a very beautiful tank in my opinion. It looks identical to the Zeus X. One minus of the looks is the tall drip-tip, it just looks much better with a short drip-tip which is unfortunately not included.

DSC-0217.jpg

The tank is easy to take apart for cleaning and coil replacement. Cool little thing they added is the coil tool, I thought it would not be necessary when I heard about it, but without it its hard (for me) to take out the coil.

DSC-0216.jpg

By far the most messy-free and easy fill method and port. Simply unscrew the top cap and fill it through the large fill ports, the round ‘well’ in the fill port makes it possible to slightly overfill and not spill any liquid, love that.

DSC-0218.jpg

DSC-0220.jpg

Smooth airflow ring with a stopper, not too loose and not too tight.

What I like the most about this tank is the top airflow. It is the smoothest airflow sound I have had on any tank so far, no whistling or loud air intake.

It vapes well, the Z2 (70-80) is performing (in my opinion) better than the Z1, it just gives more flavor and clouds, but both are good coils. Flavor wise this tank is not the best I’ve tried so far, but the smoothness of the vape totally pays back for that, the flavor is still good.

Zero spit back or dry hits. The cotton keeps up well and stays saturated, even when chain vaping.

The coils last long with minimal flavor drop, have been using both coils over 1000 puffs and they still vape well, I did not clean them whatsoever.

Something I haven’t seen before is that while vaping the bubbles in the tank are filled with vaper, this makes the tank a bit foggy. Probably that’s because of the top airflow. It doesn’t bother me at all, its looks quite cool actually.

Since it is a top airflow tank the distance from the top cap to the coil is larger, Geekvape should have included a shorter drip-tip (same as the Aegis X for example), because the flavor improves significantly when using a short drip-tip.

Capacity of 5 ML, what can I say its an, average capacity for a SubOhm tank, does the job.

As Geek vape claims, the tank is indeed leakproof, I did not have any leaking issues apart from minimal condensation build up in the base of the tank. Even without base, there is no liquid leaking through the coil.

DSC-0223.jpg

Final verdict:

Even though this tank does not deliver the best flavor it is my favorite drop-in coil SubOhm tank, here is why; the vape with this airflow is very smooth and the mess-free filling are major pros of this tank. The flavor is still proper and the coils perform and last long.

The only complaint I have is the fact no additional shorter drip-tip is included in the kit, with a shorter drip-tip the flavor is much better.

I would recommend this tank to those who like drop-in coil SubOhm tanks, to me it’s a totally different experience with the smooth airflow.

The tank itself cost between 17 and 25 dollars and the replacement coils cost 10 to 12 dollars for a 5-pack, a good price for a good tank in my opinion.

Thank you for reading my review!

Geekvape facebook page - GeekVape

Vlisk

Jan 7, 2020
Thank you for your in depth look at this tank. I had read it a month ago and decided to try it with my new Zeus Legend, as my old Legend was showing some wear. I was lucky to get one of the Limited eds, but the kit I ordered did not ship with the extra coils. After three weeks of "sorry they are on back order" and I tried another site that had them in stock. Its been 5 days, and while not saying they do not have them, they mentioned a time frame of up to 72 hours not including weekends. Its been 72 hours, and they are not forthcoming at this time. Geekvape's own site shows them for Pre order?? I am up to $80 Plus in purchased coils with two places as of this post, attempting to cancel the first on back order and more than likely I may also need to cancel the second. Since I ordered my Limited Ed on the 16th, I am getting worried about getting ANY coils. If you have any suggestions I would gladly welcome it. I feel like I picked up a unicorn rather than the awesomeness I generally expect from my trusted brand. Thank you Ordering coils.png

Reactions: SP013

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Thank you for your in depth look at this tank. I had it a month ago and decided to try it with my new Zeus Legend, as my old Legend was showing some wear. I was lucky to get one of the Limited eds, but the kit I ordered did not ship with the extra coils. After three weeks of "sorry they are on back order" and I tried another site that had them in stock. Its been 5 days, and while not saying they do not have them, they mentioned a time frame of up to 72 hours not including weekends. Its been 72 hours, and they are not forthcoming at this time. Geekvape's own site shows them for Pre order?? I am up to $80 Plus in purchased coils with two places as of this post, attempting to cancel the first on back order and more than likely I may also need to cancel the second. Since I ordered my Limited Ed on the 16th, I am getting worried about getting ANY coils. If you have any suggestions I would gladly welcome it. I feel like I picked up a unicorn rather than the awesomeness I generally expect from my trusted brand. Thank you View attachment 862155
Maybe try ordering them from aliexpress or fasttech, they always have them on stock, shipping takes 1-2 weeks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread