Zero nic questions/initial impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue_Lobster

Sep 22, 2011
Oakland
Hi all,

I just recently worked my nic intake to zero! I gradually reduced the amount from 18mg to 0mg over a 7 month period. Feels great! My cravings have reduced, but I think I'll still continue just because.

However, I have a question for you zero nic vapers out there. Do you notice that the zero nic juice has less flavor, and feels much more like water vapor than juice with nic? That's what I'm experiencing with the zero nic juice I have (golden gate punch and st. Louis Gooey Butter Cake from vapealicious - both with extra flavoring added 70/30). I really like both favors at 6mg (especially golden gate punch), but I noticed a significant drop in flavor/satisfaction when I switched to 0mg. Maybe that's just how it goes with zero nic, but I'm not sure.

It's been about a month since I switched. I ended up going back and ordering some 6mg juice to see if I can continue to vape sparingly. I totally don't mind staying at 6mg so long as I can use it once in a while. Currently I vape on my way to work, after lunch, and at night, and I hope to reduce my vaping further. Any thoughts? What do you vape at 0 mg nic?

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
Congrats on vaping yourself down to 0-nic! That is a great accomplishment. I have actually found 0-nic vaping nirvana! I don't know what flavors you tend to like but try wandering on over to Mountain Oak Vapors - my favorites so far are Absinthe Minded, Black Forest, Eskimo Kisses and BlueRidge. I've been vaping 0-nic exclusively for almost a year now and this is the absolute best juice I have ever tasted. 100% made in the USA (Tennessee) by vapors who actually vape their own creations! If you do try it - tell LeDean that I sent you!! Good luck! :)

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Congrats to you! That's all I've ordered in juice lately & love not having my throat burning plus if I want to add a little kick, I've got bottles of straight unflavored nic juice of which I can add a couple drops. I've just noticed that for the 1st time in a zillion years, I can take my pups for a walk & not have something hanging from my mouth - it's an awesome feeling!

dcannon1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Savannah, GA
I actually sold all my vaping stuff the other day. I had worked myself down to a mix of 6mg and 0mg juice so I figured it was time to stop. Wrong. Lol, ordered a new Provari yesterday and some 0 nic juices. I've found with the 0 nic juices that the flavor profiles are just different. Some juices I like when they have nic just aren't as good nic free. Some are much better nic free. Just experiment. I'm also going to look into DIY. It should be pretty easy to do for 0 nic juices since there are no nicotine concentrations to worry about.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
I actually sold all my vaping stuff the other day. I had worked myself down to a mix of 6mg and 0mg juice so I figured it was time to stop. Wrong. Lol, ordered a new Provari yesterday and some 0 nic juices. I've found with the 0 nic juices that the flavor profiles are just different. Some juices I like when they have nic just aren't as good nic free. Some are much better nic free. Just experiment. I'm also going to look into DIY. It should be pretty easy to do for 0 nic juices since there are no nicotine concentrations to worry about.
You're a brave one-I can't even contemplate getting rid of my stash....I'm hoarding!! Do I see a sub on your pv? I just got my first one this week & am quivering at the thought of changing the carto-going to attempt it tomorrow. Anyways - I love DIY...saves a ton of money even tho I do buy a couple of juices that I love & add my own concoctions to it....

Blue_Lobster

Sep 22, 2011
Oakland
I went from an eGo-t w/resurrectors and emdccs to a Provari v2 black satin with a boge 3.0 tank setup. I knew after 5 months that I was in this for good, so I upgraded :)

After closer inspection of my golden gate punch at 0 mg, I notice that it does no have EF or extra flavoring checked! I may have to try that one again.

Autumnwolf, I'll have to check out Mountain Oak Vapors when I order juice again (I order about once a month).

The unflavored w/nic is an interesting idea, might have to try that one as well.

It's pretty liberating to not have to vape all the time, and be able to enjoy it when I feel like it. I'm hoping I can get to a point where I can vape once every couple or few days just to relax, maybe with a nice drink!

dcannon1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Savannah, GA
You're a brave one-I can't even contemplate getting rid of my stash....I'm hoarding!! Do I see a sub on your pv? I just got my first one this week & am quivering at the thought of changing the carto-going to attempt it tomorrow. Anyways - I love DIY...saves a ton of money even tho I do buy a couple of juices that I love & add my own concoctions to it....
Don't want to get too far off topic, but changing the carto is easy. If you have a syringe drain the tank through the fill hole and just set the syringe aside. You can use it to fill it back up. Then just push the carto and orings out (they come out with it). Put the bottom o ring around the new carto, get it in there and set. Now just slide the top oring over the top and you're done (that's the hardest part).

Also, regarding selling my stash, I needed to anyway. I had way too many mods that I rarely used and a bunch of other stuff. Kind of nice just to start fresh with a setup I know works great.

I really need to get into DIY now that I'm down to 0 nic. Before I never wanted to have any sort of higher concentrated nic juice around as I have 3 dogs who love to get into everything no matter how well I think I have it secured. I think I'd have to keep strong nic juice in my gun safe to feel OK about it.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Don't want to get too far off topic, but changing the carto is easy. If you have a syringe drain the tank through the fill hole and just set the syringe aside. You can use it to fill it back up. Then just push the carto and orings out (they come out with it). Put the bottom o ring around the new carto, get it in there and set. Now just slide the top oring over the top and you're done (that's the hardest part).

Also, regarding selling my stash, I needed to anyway. I had way too many mods that I rarely used and a bunch of other stuff. Kind of nice just to start fresh with a setup I know works great.

I really need to get into DIY now that I'm down to 0 nic. Before I never wanted to have any sort of higher concentrated nic juice around as I have 3 dogs who love to get into everything no matter how well I think I have it secured. I think I'd have to keep strong nic juice in my gun safe to feel OK about it.

TA-DAH!!YOU ARE AWSOME!!I did it & it worked---couldn't have done it w/o you. Thanks so much!!

lauragal

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2008
New York
Congratulations to all of you who have gotten down to 0 nic! Also my goal - just started vaping in March, so I plan to wean down slowly. I'm at 12 mgs now, but sometimes have to go up to 18 here and there. I've also just ordered for DIY, so we'll see how that goes - hoping I get to 0 nic that way. Nice to see it's possible - very encouraging to see MountainWolf at 0 nic for a year and loving it!

luceblueboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Ohio
I vape anywhere from 0-12mg. It all depends on the liquid. Some are great at 0mg. Others just seem bland without nicotine. I think the nicotine contributes to the overall experience of the liquid. While I've never experienced a flavor difference between 0mg and nicotine, the overall enjoyment of the liquid may diminish. For all non-tobaccos, 0mg is great. For all tobaccos, I always have some nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread