Zenesis 2 and more details...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vision83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
As a replacement for the Zenesis Standard, The Z2 Altus 18650 is specifically designed to be used with an AW IMR 18650 battery, and features a 4.5Ml juice tank and fully rebuildable and configurable built-in atomizer.
Altus features our new "Snug Fit" Top Cap and Z2 Accessory Threading so every Z2 accessory can be used on this versatile little PV.
Specs:
Powered by AW IMR 18650 Cell (not included)
4.5ml Fused Quartz juice Tank
Vertical Rebuildable Atomizer which can be Mesh/Coil, Ceramic or Silica
Adjustable throat hit
Diameter: .860"
Height: 6.125"
Material: Stainless Surgical Steel
24K Gold Plated Contacts on all electrical connections
Entirely mechanical and Rebuildable
No solder, Flux or wire in the entire PV

So how is "Adjustable throat hit"? I have and Orion V3 and I can adjust the air flow... But I haven't seen any good pictures of the new atty and looks like the old Zen just it screws into the battery tube.

Also what is going to be great about this mod? I do want one...

There is mention that better materials will be available in the future like TT. Since the atty screws into the battery tube how is an SS atty going to look on a TT tube? Or will they release a TT atty?

I guess like the approach of the Orion and the Ihybrid took with keeping all the same metals...

vision83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I imagine the adjustable TH is the ability to twist the top to move the airhole farther from the wick. Nothing new here just marketing hype

Thought so... I like the innovation of the Orion V3 where I can change the air hole size to my liking...
What are thoughts on the different metals?
The Z2 Altus says the atty is built in? I think it screws into the battery tube.

cruxfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
oakland
Is the Orion air hole adjustable by twisting? Never played with a Orion before.

I'm not quite sure adjusting the airhole would adjust the TH tho. I'm thinking zen is a set air hole and you are twisting the top cap away from the wick to create more TH vs. Orion adjusting the the air hole size. Just a thought, again I haven't played with a Orion before or a atty with adjustable air flow.

vision83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Orion V3 ... is picture of the Orion v3 it has a standard air hole with a ring around it with smaller holes... you pick the size and tighten it down.

But back to the Zen 2...

Different Metal tube with SS atty? Or may they will sell TT tubes and new TT top cap.
The Z2 Altus says the atty is built in? I think it screws into the battery tube. ????

Last edited:

vision83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
If you look at the accessories page, you can actually build the Z2. Its a body and atomizer screw on, similar to the ihybrid. So you can buy the 18650 z2 tube and put a carto hybrid on top or a standard RBA top.

Kind of like a provari with a ZAP on top or carto tank on top...

I don't get why they are saying the atty is built in? It's not it screws in like any 510 connection... but with bigger and different threads.

I guess I just perfer the Orion design made out of one piece of SS...

Also what accessories page are you looking at?

vision83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I have to say, I am disappointed in the tight fit top cap - at least in theory. I hope they got it right. I would have preferred to see a threaded top cap, with a threaded drip tip so you didn't have to deal with o-rings slipping.

I agree... and a great idea about a threaded drip tip!... Then it would be standard and you wouldn't have to find one that fits...

With my Orion I don't have to worry about that... But on the same note I can't change it.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Kind of like a provari with a ZAP on top or carto tank on top...

I don't get why they are saying the atty is built in? It's not it screws in like any 510 connection... but with bigger and different threads.

I guess I just perfer the Orion design made out of one piece of SS...

Also what accessories page are you looking at?
FWIW, the Zen mini/standards have never been made out of a single piece of SS/Alum. Well they may have started as a single piece, but the atomizer/tank section was held on to the battery tube via the allen head screw that went up through the positive pole of the atty/tank, and attached to the center post. No sure if that is the case for the ti(s), but pretty sure it is.

By doing what he is doing with the Zen2, you can get whatever tube, and screw in whatever attachment. Technically, could have done that already, but there was a lot of room for error and potentially shorting the battery out. This is easier.

vision83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
FWIW, the Zen mini/standards have never been made out of a single piece of SS/Alum. Well they may have started as a single piece, but the atomizer/tank section was held on to the battery tube via the allen head screw that went up through the positive pole of the atty/tank, and attached to the center post. No sure if that is the case for the ti(s), but pretty sure it is.

By doing what he is doing with the Zen2, you can get whatever tube, and screw in whatever attachment. Technically, could have done that already, but there was a lot of room for error and potentially shorting the battery out. This is easier.

I agree... but I don't think it should be marketed as a built-in atty... BTW I do have some on the way but it should be marketed as a replaceable atty or carto tank or 510 adpater. The Orion is a built-in atty the center post is the same piece of metal as the top of the unit it doesn't separate there. Thus "built-in" and no chance of failure at that point because there is no connection.

But with Zen2 you can change between different styles which I do like... Also new revisions to the atty in the future maybe we can have (adjustable air flow, a top cap that screws on, and also threaded drip tip) Just a thought...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread